Make Each Mile Count

With gas being as high as it is, it is very important to most of us to learn to handle as many chores as possible with fewer trips into town. If you work near the town schedule your shopping, postal visit, bill paying or any other places you need to go in one trip when you get off work.

Often I have time before work to pick up essentials at the local dollar store and grocery store, thus saving me time and money on gas. Plus early in the mornig there are fewer people shopping which saves me the hassle of standing in line and following a multitude of people around the store.

Once every 2 weeks we make our run to the bigger stores for all of our eating needs. We also have our prescriptions filled and use the gas pumps if available when we go. We also plan in the same trip any smaller stops we need for extra things that cost less somewhere else.

We love to visit the local thrift shop. We make our trip by going there first, then to the local gas station to fill up the gas tank and buy cigarettes, then on to our final food destination. This not only saves you money on food and gasoline but it also eliminates the need to spend extra trips to pick up small things.

By Gem from VA

Another way to save would be to quit smoking. It does nothing for your health. You could save money in the long run on medicals bills and doctor's visits etc.

I just knew that would be the first comment.

Sorry, Gem, but I have to agree with Ummsalwa. You have a great gas-saving plan, though. We try to do the same, but my elderly hubby's strength usually gives out well before all possible errands can be completed. I used to follow your plan when I was in the driver's seat, though.

Photo of someone pumping gas.
Saving Money on Gas
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceMay 16, 2011
A girl opening a small gift.
Christmas Countdown Gift Ideas
birthday countdown tile
Making a Dry Erase Count Down Tile
Couple Painting Each Room a Different Color
Painting Each Room a Different Color
Photo of Christopher Lee as Dracula.
Making a Dracula Costume