Homemade Refrigerator Magnets

Category Other
There are many fun ways to make creative magnets. This guide is about homemade decorative magnets.

I save the tins with cute, vintage looking graphics after cleaning out my cupboards to make desk sets and/or refridgerator magnets! They would make a cute gift too.

• old spice or baking tins
  • magnetic tape

Directions:

• Just add tape to the back of old spice tins from your cupboards for a cute vintage desk set or pencil/stamp container on your fridge.
  • Comment Was this helpful? 3

I need to find this tape and some other stuff to try this with. Awesome.

Decorative Gift Magnets

A fun project for the kids or adults in the family is making decorative magnets. They can be used in your home or given as gifts. This is a guide about making decorative magnets.

Reindeer and Lion Magnents

Send a sweet kiss to a loved one with these unique fun to make felt critters. Add magnets for hanging. This is a guide about making "sealed with a kiss" felt critters.

Bottle Cap Magnets

This is a guide about making beaded bottlecap magnets. Any small beads will work to make a set of these pretty magnets.

finished pin and magnets

I got a free image on Pinterest of several shapes of thread spools.I thought it would be a cool idea to use up some old trim I found for .50 a box.

pink bunny magnet

Give your fridge color with some cute magnets and let Uncle Sam bring in the 4th of July. With a few scrap supplies and glue or thread, you can whip these up in no time.

A good use for those business cards that are attached to magnets. You can cut a photo to size and glue to magnet and place on your refrigerator.

Back and front views of magnet.

These folded paper poinsettia magnets are fun to make seasonal decorations that can also be used on the fridge or other metal surfaces. This is a guide about making poinsettia magnets.

Seasonal Refrigerator Magnets

Even the front of your fridge can reflect the changing seasons and current holidays, when decorated with homemade magnets. This is a guide about making seasonal refrigerator magnets.

Nautical Themed Fridge Magnet

This cute magnet is perfect to add little nautical flair to your kitchen and makes a great gift for the boat or beach fan in your life. This is a guide about making a nautical themed fridge magnet.

finished button magnet

Finding crafts to make from buttons in your stash or an especially nice one you bought for just the right project is a common event. One quick easy craft is a magnet. This is a guide about making button magnets.

This is what you really wish you could put on your office door.

blue fabric covered cap in shape of bonnet

A fun, little, inexpensive project for a pin or magnet san Easter bonnet made from a bottle cap. This is a guide about making a recycle Easter bonnet cap.

Finished magnets.

This is a guide about making glittery glass magnets. These lovely glass magnets will add some sparkle to your fridge or magnet board.

Spring Flower Photo or Note Magnet - Notepad in clip.

This is a guide about making a spring flower photo or note magnet. Add some spring cheer with this adorable flower photo magnet.

Photo Magnets

This is a guide about making photo magnets. Fun and decorative magnets are easy to make and are great gifts.

A spray can of varnish.

This is a guide about sealing home-printed photo magnets. Keep your homemade photo magnets nice by sealing them.

finished bow

This is a guide about making a fabric bow fridge magnet. Take scraps of fabric to make these pretty bow magnets for your own refrigerator or to give to a friend.

Magent

These adorable ladybugs will bring you much joy when you put them on your refrigerator. Use simple supplies to craft these beautiful insects.

For the prettiest magnets use vintage earrings or brooches. I cut off the pin back on the brooches and the clip-on part of the earrings. Attach a small magnet with E-6000. I first noticed this idea at a craft show. They were selling for $5.00 and up to $10.00 each.

glue on eyes and nose

Following the instructions in the booklet, I made the letters that spelled out each of my childrens' names. I glued googly eyes tiny pom pom noses onto each of them. Then I attached a magnet to the back of each one.

cube magnet

This one is a shout out to the magnificent Rubik's Cube.

Mouse Refrigerator Magnet

Refrigerator magnet featuring mouse on piece of cheese.

Bumble bee magnet.

This cute bumble bee magnet is sure to be all the "buzz" hanging on your refrigerator.

Photo frame fridge magnets.

I buy packages of metal fridge magnet frames at the euro shop and decoupage them. I cut out matching pictures from magazines to put into the frames to make them fancier. These make wonderful little gifts. I have also sold these at Xmas and Easter bazaars.

Christine Weber0 found this helpful

tile magnets from scrabble pieces.

For the kid in all of us. Pick up a used Scrabble game at the thrift store and create a set of alphabet magnets to grace a fridge door!

Flower face magnets

These joyfully smiling flower faced magnets are adorable in the kitchen, not to mention easy and fun for kids to create.

Making Flower Magnets for Your Locker

You can add color to the inside of your locker with these easy to make flower magnets. This is a guide about making flower locker magnets.

Fabric adhered to magnetic sheet and cut into shape of a star.

I found this at Spenser's Alley, a wonderful craft "mini mall" here in Salem, OR where I live.

A quick and easy craft, great for school stalls:

Foam star with "Happy Father's Day" written on it

My daughter made these little foam art magnets for her dad on Father's Day. You could use these for any season or occasion. She cut out shapes and put adhesive backed magnetic stripping on the back.

Juice Can Lid Christmas Magnets

Cute, quick and frugal gifts or decorations! The magnets are used canning jar lids and smaller ones are from frozen OJ concentrate can ends. Base coat white or brown and paint faces.

I find old unused broaches, take the back clip off and add a magnet to the back. I use them on the refrigerator to hold notes and stuff.

I was doing a good cleaning on my refrigerator door and noticed most of my fridge magnets were advertisements. So, I went to my folder where I store pretty pictures, got out my glue stick, cut down a picture to slightly larger then magnet, and glued on a picture.

If you need more frig magnets to hang the kids' pictures and stuff, here is a cheap and easy way to make them. Buy a cheap bag of the wooden clip style clothes pins and the magnet strips you buy at the craft store. Have the kids use markers and color them.

I'm making magnets to hold a child's drawings, homework, etc. I would like to personalize each one with their name with a whimsical form of writing. Any ideas, tips, etc.?

By Karen

You could use a word art program and print them on card-stock then cut them in small circles. Then I get these glass disc that are round on one side and flat on the other. Paint the flat side of the glass with modge podge then lightly paint the cut card-stock press to the bottom of the glass let dry for 24 hours then hot glue magnet to the back.

All those business card and advertising magnets you get from realtors, pizza restaurants, etc, don't throw them away; just glue your precious photos or artwork on them and make cute fridge magnets. Great way to recycle, I just received an American Express credit card magnet today and a pizza restaurant last week. Saves me $ and helps the Earth!

By Tracey from Thomasville, GA

Answers:

Recycling Magnets for Photos

I use the business magnets for the backing of kids stickers to make refrigerator magnets out of them. After pasting them on the magnet and cutting them out, I seal them with modge podge. I also use the animal pics from my vet catalogs. We're great animal lovers. (01/31/2008)

By javajano

Recycling Magnets for Photos

Great recycling tip. Love it.
    (02/01/2008)

By Christine IN

My daughter recycles my refrigerator magnets! She takes one of my magnets I've picked up from a local business and uses a gluestick to attach family pictures, etc.! She uses magnets that are from stores that have closed, magnets from businesses we used to frequent before we moved, and magnets with school calendars from previous school years. It's a great way to recycle and I have beautiful pictures of family members and furkids to look at instead of businesses I no longer use!

By GrammySheila from Titusville, Florida