Removing Nail Polish From a Sofa

I believe it is cotton. I tried nail polish remover, and although it did not remove the color on the fabric butit didn't remove the nail polish either. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Katrina from Liverpool, PA

Wow my dads gonna be home any minute and I don't have any of that stuff and I'm gonna get in trouble and my dog spilt my hot pink finger nail polish and I'm gonna get in so much trouble PLEASE HELP ME

I have the same situation mine has been there almost a month but I been hiding it underneath pillows. My mom wants to sell the couch but she doesn't know about the stain. Help me

My friend and I were painting nails, and the brush slipped out of her hand. It got on the floor and on the couch. We got it off the floor with spot shot, and now we cant find a way to remove. Please help before my mom wakes up

p.s. Please I really am not looking forward to getting in trouble because my dad is coming home tomorrow. If she is mad she will tell everyone and my dad will be really, really mad, and then he will get grumpy. Please help me quick!

HELP! I am going to be dead if I do not get the bright red nail polish out of my couch. I was painting my nails and I did not realize that the cap was still on the nail polish bottle, and well when I picked up the bottle and well to make the story short it got all over a picture frame, 1/3 of the couch, and the pillow that went with the couch. BRIGHT RED! Can you say dead meat? I immediatly went to this website and got the idea to use nail polish remover WITH acetone, and that did not work, so then I used Windex, and just my luck it did not work, so then I tried OFF, and of course that did not work. I tried just using warm water and soap and that did not work either. I am afraid to use vaseline because it might damage the couch even more and have an oily base. PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA THAT WORKS!

Yikes, me and my friend were doing nail polish and it exploded! now we cant get it off we used windex, hairspray, grease remover, water, tooth paste, and nail polish remover. Of course it didn't work. Please we really need to get it out! Please tell me how!

I just used Spic N Span and it worked! I'm so Brilliant, and thank god, because my parents are going to be here in a little bit.

Just have to say thank you to all of you! My seven yr old just got hot pink nail polish all over my sofa. I am so upset and angry, but reading all your emails made me laugh--we're not alone with this!

It works to use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol!

My little girl 2 covered my couch with purple nail polish. I have tried everything you all have said. It wont come out. What should I do? My husband will kill me. It's so bad, I have tried it all. When we bought it, they said everything would come out with soap and water. It hasn't. It's a micro fiber couch, help, please.

omg! I just split nail polish on my brand new hot pink bed spread, and my mom will kill me because it cost 300 dollars. I tried acetone but it didn't work! Any other ideas?

I spilled hot pink polish on my couch, and I got really scared! I knew I was going to get in trouble, so I had to think fast. I tried stain remover, hot water, alcohol, and a lot of other stuff. BUt none of them worked. Then I tried acetone, or finger nail polish remover. The stains came RIGHT OUT! But then, the acetone cause holes on my couch. " I had to sew them up. So if you have a couch that has delicate material, don't use the acetone. IT BURNS THROUGH YOUR FABRIC and puts holes in it!

I just spilled RED polish on my couch and came to this site and seen the only suggestion that I hadn't tried which was alcohol. I tried it, it took a little scrubbing and it worked. It looked as though it may have just lightened it up but as it dried, the polish vanished with the alcohol. This is on a brown couch so not sure how it will work with anything lighter but sure worth a try. Good luck to all those spills!

Help me please! I spilled pink nail polish on my mom's white sofa. She's going to kill me. What should I do?

My sister and I got pink nail polish on the couch, and we tried so many things but it just wouldn't come off! Laundry stain remover started to work a little, but then we used rubbing alcohol. We used that and with cotton swabs it started to come off. With a little scubbing, it uplifted, and it came out!!! So the answer was rubbing alcohol, but next time, make sure to do it on the table!

My lil un spilt nail polish all over my mother in law's £600 leather sofa. I scrubbed it with a sponge and nail polish remover and it's come off, just. But be careful with leather as it scratches it, xxx.

I found pink nail polish on the arm of my BRIGHT RED LEATHER COUCH!

My 14 year old granddaughter and her friends have denied it. They don't wear nail polish. So where did the bottle of pink polish come from on the kitchen counter? Maybe it belongs to my dog Millie, she gets the blame for everything.

Please Help

My mom accidentally dropped pink nail polish on my dads new recliner. Any new solutions?

Wow! I just spilled WHITE nail polish right down the front of my dark brown couch! I am home alone and i started freaking out, because if my mom saw i was dead!

I came on here and tried a few different of these ideas!

My solution was, get a washcloth, put a little bit of rubbing alcohol on one side and scrub scrub scrub. It will take it out a little bit. Then wait for no more than a minute! and Pour Acetone nail polish remover on the other half of your washcloth and scrub scrub scrub! Mine came out perfectly easy!

Do not push really hard though! It will take the color out a little bit! There is one little spot that i can see where i was pressing really hard and it's a little lighter! But not too bad so just don't push really hard~ :] good luck!

Editor's note: Test this on an unseen portion of fabric prior to trying this.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! This really works! Wow! I just spilled WHITE nail polish right down the front of my dark brown couch! I am home alone and i started freaking out, because if my mom saw i was dead! I came on here and tried a few different of these ideas!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This really works! I was freaking out because i spilled nail polish on my boyfriend sofa and was scared it would not come off. I highly recommend to try this solution below. Thank you again!

"My solution was, get a washcloth, put a little bit of rubbing alcohol on one side and scrub scrub scrub. It will take it out a little bit. Then wait for no more than a minute! and Pour Acetone nail polish remover on the other half of your washcloth and scrub scrub scrub! Mine came out perfectly easy!"

So guess what? I slept in today and my one year old and two year old got into my nail polish. They picked the color ORANGE and decided to make an art project out of my mother in laws couch. The couch is blue...micro suede...great right.....and I came on this site too see if I could find something to take it off with the only thing that would work is Wet nail polish, and still left the couch shinny now.

Oh well guess ill have to buy a couch slip or another couch. I tried acetone, rubbing alcohol, wet cloth...everything you could think of. Well guess what I'm doing with my tax return. lol Oh and to make it worse, it's all over my one year old too, and there isn't anything I can do about it because she's a baby except for wet nail polish or let it come off by itself. I know it sounds horrible, but my husband was considering leaving me for this. Laugh it up... I know I'm laughing....

If it happens again use oil to get it off the baby

Well I am using multi brush from Deichmann.....it takes everything off the skin or textil.....i slipped on our floor once and I put the nailpolish on couch...... Couch is white nailpolish was purple.... So I took it and it came out perfectly....just with warm soapy water.....you can buy The brush for 4$ ( sorry for bad english I am Slovak ^^)

Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 2, 2006
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Cleaning Stains off of a Couch
Cleaning Stains on a Couch
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄