Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

I have a side by side water and ice in door 5 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but it will not make ice.

By lmod from Orlando

Here are questions related to Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator.

Question: Water Not Getting to Ice Maker

I have a side by side water and ice in door Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but no water is being supplied to the ice maker. The ice maker seems to be working because it does it's cycles, but obviously no water, so it will not make ice.

By Freddy E.

Most Recent Answer

By Beth02/29/2012

1. Sometimes newly plugged in refrigerators can take up to 48 hrs to produce their first ice cycle.
2. Is the hose kinked? If the ice trays are empty, check the hoses.
3. Is the water getting to the ice trays but the freezer is not cold enough? Adjust the freezer temp.

I would ask if the water is turned on but you said that you get water.

Good Luck

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

I put a 1995 kitchen aid side by side in my house after being disconnected for about a month. Now the ice maker is not working. I read it might have air in lines. Should I just wait a while? Thanks.

Don from NPB, FL

RE: Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

The tube delivering the water could be plugged also. (09/09/2006)

Check out sites such as Large Appliance Repair and Refrigerator repairs on the Internet. I use Google and have had great success in recent years finding repairmen and parts houses willing with the proper model/serial number to help with most anything, in exchange for your buying the part(s) from them. I found also there are some competitors there as well with cheaper prices. It might take a few days to get the parts, but it has been worth it in the past for me to postpone the death of an aging refrigerator, that made all sorts of strange noises of anticipation. God bless you. (09/11/2006)

By lyndagayle62

I had a problem like this. When I checked the tubing where it goes into the ice maker, there was frozen water in the end of the tube, which caused it to stop making ice. Once I took warm washcloths and warmed up the end the ice blockage came out and I haven't had a problem since. (09/11/2006)

By lkoenig