Ice Maker Not Working On KitchenAid Side-By-Side Refrigerator

I have a side by side water and ice in door 5 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but it will not make ice.

By lmod from Orlando

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

February 26, 2012 Flag

I have a side by side water and ice in door Kitchenaid refrigerator. The water comes through door, but no water is being supplied to the ice maker. The ice maker seems to be working because it does it's cycles, but obviously no water, so it will not make ice.

By Freddy E.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

1. Sometimes newly plugged in refrigerators can take up to 48 hrs to produce their first ice cycle.

2. Is the hose kinked? If the ice trays are empty, check the hoses.

3. Is the water getting to the ice trays but the freezer is not cold enough? Adjust the freezer temp.

I would ask if the water is turned on but you said that you get water.

Good Luck

HOW DO I CLEAN THE WATER PIPES

August 7, 2009 Flag

I put a 1995 kitchen aid side by side in my house after being disconnected for about a month. Now the ice maker is not working. I read it might have air in lines. Should I just wait a while? Thanks.

Don from NPB, FL

Answers:

The tube delivering the water could be plugged also. (09/09/2006)

Check out sites such as Large Appliance Repair and Refrigerator repairs on the Internet. I use Google and have had great success in recent years finding repairmen and parts houses willing with the proper model/serial number to help with most anything, in exchange for your buying the part(s) from them. I found also there are some competitors there as well with cheaper prices. It might take a few days to get the parts, but it has been worth it in the past for me to postpone the death of an aging refrigerator, that
made all sorts of strange noises of anticipation. God bless you. (09/11/2006)

By lyndagayle62

I had a problem like this. When I checked the tubing where it goes into the ice maker, there was frozen water in the end of the tube, which caused it to stop making ice. Once I took warm washcloths and warmed up the end the ice blockage came out and I haven't had a problem since. (09/11/2006)

By lkoenig

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesAugust 7, 2009
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 30, 2016 at 3:13:05 PM on 10.0.0.132 in 259 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.