Paint Suggestion for Black and White Kitchen

I am looking for colour ideas for wall paint in a white fitted kitchen that has a black work top.

By Molly

I have white painted cabinets and a black countertop, I just painted my kitchen a granny smith apple green and it looks real fresh. I also have cherries as an accent theme, so red is in there in small amounts, I just love the combo!

I was going to say white with small accents of red and green also. As in tiles, cups, print of veggies, cookie jars.

I was thinking about any of the primary colors red, blue, green, and yellow would go well with white and black.

I just did the black and white kitchen; love it! Used a dark Kelly green for two walls of the kitchen, and a lighter 'Silk Leaf' color for the opposite wall. Took a third, lighter green (almost white) to take around into the dining room and living room. Waiting still to do floors.

I too have white cabinets with black counter top and appliances I am installing a grey white glass mosaic tile backslash my problem is I have an open concept where the kitchen, living room and dining room are all in one open room I have a mint green sofa, and I am having trouble choosing colors that will coordinate. The art is my inspiration but I don't know if it looks well with green mint.

February 11, 2010 Flag

I have a medium to large eat-in kitchen with white cabinets, black countertops and a white tile floor. What would be good colors for the walls? I do not want the black and white and red combo. Thanks.

Debbie from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Deep golden yellow. (11/29/2009)

By courtqueen

At the store, get the kind of paint card that shows four or five colors. Choose a sky blue, then go one or two shades lighter. Your kitchen sounds lovely. Curtains could be white with a small design (perhaps embroidered) that includes the right shade of blue, too. Because of the wall color, it would jump right out at you. Good luck.
P.S. I recently learned that if you choose a color, but it's not from the brand of paint you want, they can mix it in any brand. (12/01/2009)

By Sarsi

I have the same colors and I painted my walls a light grey.
(12/02/2009)

By Danialle

November 28, 2009 Flag

I have a medium to large eat-in kitchen with white cabinets, black countertops, and a white tile floor. What would be good colors for the walls? I do not want the black and white and red combo. Thanks.

Debbie from Dallas, TX

Answers:

My choice would be cobalt blue, with some yellow accents. (01/12/2009)

By Stella

A real fifties color scheme would be be with turquoise. (01/12/2009)

By

January 12, 2009 Flag

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen in a black and white design. My home is 170 years old, and I wish to maintain the character as well. The cabinets are white, counter is black quartz, the back splash is a random pattern of black and white ceramic tiles. The floor tiles are a gray/green porcelain. The kitchen opens into the family room. I would like to paint the walls white, but my contractor is concerned it is too much white. What color do you suggest I use? We are also going to paint the family room, so I am open to a color for this room, and I really like shades of red, yellow, and tans.

Cindi L. from Newark, OH

Answers:

How about a color that's close to the gray/green porcelain tiles? A pale sage green would be a nice color for the living room, and there are lots of colors that go with green. (02/24/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

I agree that pulling color from the tiles would be a good choice- It's also a historical color, if I remember correctly, our house is 168 year old this year. If you go to your paint store, you can get little booklets that have color combinations using not just historical colors, but tons of good ones. As for matching the red/tan/yellows you have in mind, you just listed all of the other colors in our house. And I assure you they look great- We had the help of a designer, too. Tell you what, have the contractor prime the walls you want to paint, then take a look at how much white there will be. Then get a small sample of a matching green and paint it in a few places around the wall to see how the light hits it. I think you'll love it. Good luck. (02/24/2008)

By Beth - MA

Use a grey/green for the kitchen and a deep red for the family room. (02/24/2008)

By perfume and powder

Red as an accent wall. Pick one that goes with your other colors. (02/24/2008)

By Pat

Light tan or dark cream looks really good with black and white. Be careful with red. It's a great accent color but start with a little and add more until you're happy. It's a color that will overpower quickly. (02/25/2008)

By

I like the suggestions about pulling from the tiles as it is the only permanent color you have now. If you really want white, you can choose from a collection of "whites" that are only slightly hued. It might be a good compromise. (02/26/2008)

By Lynn Beth

How about turqoise as an accent wall? (02/,26/2008)

By mommamoody

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 11, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa Recipes
A woman pushing a cart of presents.
Finding Black Friday Deals Online
🎉
🎄