Romantic and Inexpensive Gift Ideas

What is a romantic yet inexpensive idea for a boyfriend of 6 months? We both agreed not to spend a lot of money but I want to do something really special for him that lets him know how important he is to me. Thank you!

By Izzy Jo

Buy a red shirt and embroider a heart with both of your names inside it, and make a gift box covered with newspaper wrappings and decorate it with ribbons and put the shirt into it.and secretly send it to him. :)

Here is something I have done a few times and was very well received. get some old magazines - ones like the enquirer are great and clip some pics out of them. Then using construction paper write a book about you two. For example and ad for a broom picture and "In July you swept me off my feet" and a pic of somebody relaxing with a cup of tea or something could be "I feel all warm and tingly when your around" A pic of a disney princess and "you make me feel like a princess", once you look you will find pics that suit you, a road trip, walk on the beach etc!

Make a statement about the two of you on poster board using candy. Something like "Life with you is like PayDay (glue payday candy bar in that space) on Fifth Avenue(glue a fifth avenue bar in that space). You are one Hot Tamale(glue a box of hot tamales in that space. and so on. This can get expensive but it is so cute and should mean a lot to him. Or you could always use conversation hearts on the poster using their words to complete a statement.

Embroider something with initials something like MDB loves RMB maybe use a heart symbol instead of the word loves.

Stitch up a few small stuffed heart shapes he can put in places in his home to remind him of you with his name or yours on them. Have a photo of the two of you printed on a t-shirt, sweatshirt, pillow, etc. They offer that at Walmart for a reasonable price.

When I was a broke young pregnant newlywed, I made my new husband a coupon book. There were "hug" coupons, "kiss" coupons, "backrub coupons... you get the idea. I used plain paper with staples, but if you have access to a stationery or bookstore, you can buy a college-type blue composition book.

Another thought: if you're of a poetic bent, write a poem. If you're not poetic, you can write a brief but heartfelt letter about how you feel about your sweetheart. Keep it to a single page. type it into your word processor. Use a fancy font, colors and good paper. Once it's printed, put it in a nice-looking frame. If you shop at a place like Odd Lots or Big Lots, that shouldn't cost more than $2 or so. Use the Sunday comics page for wrapping paper, or buy an inexpensive roll while you're shopping. Best to you... and happy birthday to your sweetheart.

Write a list of all the things you love about him and frame it with a picture of the two of you. It will be a daily reminder of all the wonderful things you see in him.

Create a personalized signature fragrance by mixing essential oils together. Simply go to an herbal store and ask what combinations work well together. Mix it and give it to him in a cologne bottle. You can get cologne bottles on ebay.

Source:

10 Romantic Gift Ideas for Any Occasion :

http://voices.yahoo.com/10-romantic ... eas-any-occasion-8099668.html?cat=41

Holidays and Parties Gifts InexpensiveJanuary 12, 2011
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower, Tiffany's gift box.
Ideas for a Breakfast at Tiffany's Bridal Shower
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Coworkers
🎄
🍂