Bacon Grease in Can for Dog

Now that our puppy is older and much bigger, I've been forced to come up with a new way to keep her entertained and out of my hair when I am cooking dinner.

Note: This ONLY works with that special "Safe-Edge" type of can opener, where it leaves the edges crimped and not sharp!

If you have one, use on your canned vegetables for the week, keeping the tin cans. I pour bacon grease in the bottom of one of the cans, and let her try to lick it out. You'd be amazed how many hours this simple and safe trick can buy you!

Like I said, though, NEVER USE on a sharp-edged can as it will hurt your pet.

By AlaskanAurora from Dutch Harbor, AK

That is a totally insane clever idea, and as long as the dog doesn't get a load of bacon grease, i could see it being the cutest thing to watch, which might shoot down the reason for doing it in the first place. I have been noticing many things that you have submitted lately, and the Dutch Harbor, AK just jumped out. We watch the crab fishing when it is on tv, and they come in at dutch. I had a great uncle that was a crabber many years ago, so was fascinated with the whole concept. I will continue to watch for your entries. All have been interesting. --Loretta from AL

This is so original, and I'm going to try it for my cat who will kill for bacon. I'll only put a film of the grease in the tomato can because she can use her paws like soup spoons and we don't want an upset stomach (probably on the wool rug) but I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much.

Per my vet, bacon grease is not good for your dog. Use peanut butter instead.

Only bad thing would be if your dog found a can outside and tried eating out of it. Not everyone uses that kind of can opener. I saw where they recommend people smash tin cans so cats don't try and eat from them and get cut up.

Dog Pulling on Rope and Tennis Ball Toy
Homemade Dog Toys
Pets DogsOctober 8, 2010
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
Small Bowl of Imitation Bacon
Substitutions For Bacon
Saving on Bacon
Saving Money on Bacon