This fireplace is made of cardboard, paint, and hot glue. That's it! It may not actually make you warm on the outside, but it does on the inside.
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- 1 XL cardboard box
- 2 small Christmas tree boxes
- 1 small cardboard box
- hot glue gun and glue
- black fabric
- Cut one large side and one small side of XL cardboard box off.
- Use the two small Christmas tree boxes to hold the mantle and side up, hot glue them to the inside and top of XL box. I find that if you glue them on the outside or in the back of the inside it is not sturdy enough.
- Fold and hot glue extra pieces to the top (mantle of fireplace) to make extra sturdy.
- Paint, any way you like I chose brick
- Take the leftover cardboard and cut out fire, and paint.
- Use the small box to glue the fire to.
- Use the black fabric to cover the inside back of the fireplace. (i used a curtain and thumbtacks)
- Decorate however you like. I used the garland to hide the edges, and I just used some thumb tacks to keep it in place
By Becca from Clarksville, TN
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 18, 2017 at 8:26:47 PM on 10.0.2.131 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us