Windows XP Keeps Crashing

My Windows XP crashes.

By Sandy

Mine too. Don't know what is wrong but it sure is aggravating.

Have you cleaned and defragmented your computer. Also, you might need to install more memory.

A person should defragment and run scan disk on a weekly basis. You don't have to do it that often but if you do it that often it doesn't take near as long to do it. Also my computer guy downloaded a couple free prgrams on mine that are supposed to keep bugs, etc. on out of the computer. One runs all the time in the background and the other one he told me to run on a weekly basis.

This happened to me a while back, come to find out I was using a GPS software program that was too large for my computer. Does it happen mostly when you are doing one particular program? Might try about.com for information. I get some really good help there.

Here are three free programs to download that I've used for eons and they keep my computer clean and bug free. I run them once a week and every single time I download new software to make sure the software doesn't have Spyware or Malware attached:

This one cleans simple garbage that clogs the machine:

http://www.ccleaner.com/update/

On this one you want to be downloading Spybot Search and Destroy:

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

To find and remove possible malware:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

And one last link is the very best defagmenting program. It does cost about $60.00 but it will save you lots of headaches and add years to your computers life. I have it set to run at start up but also do it manually once a week. There is a free trial download in case you want to check it out before purchasing: http://www.diskeeper.com/

I also recommend using McAfee and it only costs an average of $5.00 a month for the basic full protection with the basic package. I switched to McAfee about three or four years ago and no headaches or worries as with other virus protection.

I just helped a friend a couple of weeks ago walking her through these downloads on the phone because her puter kept crashing and she couldn't even view videos anymore. It took awhile for each download and scan but her puter is now problem free ;-)

Actually I some how got my system fixed. I found a very good web-site with great information black vipers it was in my configuration somewhere. I went over a list and checked to see if the system defaults matched the ones I had.

A free program that Kim Komando suggests is called www.defraggler. It works faster than a regular defrag. I also swear by ccleaner. Really made a difference in mine.

Computers SoftwareOctober 31, 2009
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows
Installing a New Window
Hiring Someone to Replace Your Windows
🎄
🍂