General AdviceConsumer Advice

Buying Directly from China

How do I buy products from China?

By HATHAWAYPLACE

I would sincerely hope you would reconsider! Shame on you! Buy American! Our country needs all the "inside" help it can get! I am checking everything I buy to make sure it's not "made in China". You'd be surpriseed even at Wal-Mart that alot of products made in the USA are cheaper than those from out of country. The quality is as good or better as well.

Gale from California

It sounds like you are trying to start a business with products purchased in China. I try to buy American made products. Here is a list of the barcode numbers and the country they are made in. If the barcode starts with 690, 691,or 692, it is made in China. If the barcode starts with 00, through and including 09, it is made in the USA or Canada. If the barcode starts with 30 through and including 37, it is made in France. If the barcode starts with 47, it is made in Taiwan. If the barcode starts with 49, Japan and if it starts with 50, the United Kingdom. Good Luck!

My kids had a store and they bought from made in china.com Everything you can imagine. Personally I hate to give them any business!

You might try google search for info. You won't be judged there for asking a simple question! maybe www.ehow.com or similar website.

Anonymous

Why would you want to buy anything from China when there have been so many health safety recalls in the recent past year(s) due to toxic chemicals in most everything from clothing dye, paint products, and food including toys, shoes and even baby formula (which the Chinese government kept under wraps until after the Olympics even when they knew babies were dying in their own country from the baby formula)?

I have to ask along with the others, why would you want to? It's most likely none of my business but I'm curious.

I won't chastise you, but I will warn you that lead is totally fine in China, and a lot of people are shopping in Dollar Stores that get serviced by China, and lead poisoning causes (among other fun things) mental illness. Think about it. I lived in Asia for a while with my parents and the Thai people were very aware of this. If you start a business, you may be liable for any recall issues, ans chelation therapy isn't fun or cheap. If you like the look, try Pearl River Market in New York City-they have a web page-they are on Broadway. Also, try looking for Taiwanese goods. They don't support the fascist Red Chinese government.

You know I read an article the other day. China buys nothing from us but mostly everything sold here in the US is made in China get wise buy American Made or move to China.

Go to your nearest WalMart. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I am not being judgmental at all. People should be able to spend their money where they want to. It is very hard to find American made goods. Look at some of your American made items 'assembled in Sri Lanka of US parts/fabrics', or 'assembled in US of Mexican parts/fabrics'. It is very hard to find 100% USA made items. And when you do, you can't always afford them. That is the truth, not an opinion.

Really people you actually think you can always buy American, some part of everything is imported from some place. Even high end stores carry goods made in China. Stop picking on the dollar store shoppers.