Jungle Day in the Backyard

Sandy Baker

Are you looking for a way to have fun with your kids right at home? Then consider having a jungle day in the backyard. There are many things that can be done in the backyard to turn it into a pretend jungle. You can take simple playthings and use a little imagination to create any environment desired.

You could start off by pretending the sandbox is a big sand trap that has to be crossed over to get to the river on the other side of the jungle. This river could be reached by a small stream which can be a water slide set up and ready for fun. Use it to glide down the stream to the waters edge which is simply a swimming pool waiting to be explored. You can place small toys and other objects in the pool and pretend you are finding exotic items in the river. This doesn't mean that you have to go out and buy a big expensive pool; just a small child's pool will do just fine.

Small trees and bushes can be part of the jungle and used to hide from the wild animals that lurk in the jungle. A jungle gym would be a great way to fly through the pretend tress to keep the excitement going. Once you reach the other side of the jungle you can end the adventure by engaging in an awesome water gun battle.

Remember that the whole point of this jungle day in the backyard adventure is to spend time playing with your child. You don't need big expensive toys to have a great time; all you really need is just a few items and a really good imagination. If you want to add play equipment to make this adventure a little more exciting you can always add different pieces to your backyard one at a time as your budget permits.

The most fun part of all is the fact that you and your child are playing and using your imaginations together. Spending a jungle day in the backyard is a great way to get closer to your child while having fun. It also provides a wonderful way to get plenty of exercise for the both of you.

My hat is off to you. I am all for children rediscovering their imagination.

A backyard can be anything they want. I still remember playing Cowboys with a small stick and sometime just my hand as used as a gun. The horse was the way I ran Galopping. The fort could have been just 2 trees with a clothesline tied to both. But the stories we made up were what we thought to be the old frontier.

I salute you.

Come on folks let's put up some more ideas so the children take back to score with them something that writes books invents that better mousetrap.

And I Am Off In A Cloud Of Dust On My Mighty Horse

Hi Ho IMAGINATION

Mr, Thrifty

A child blowing bubbles
Keeping Kids Entertained During Summer Break
Parenting Summer FunMay 26, 2006
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Burning brush in a backyard.
Alternatives to Backyard Burning
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
May Day Flowers
Celebrating May Day
🎄