Meatloaf Mice

A great way to get the family to eat meat loaf! A Halloween must at my house!

• 1/2 cup catchup
  • 2 egg whites; beaten
  • 6 oz. ground turkey
  • 6 oz. ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped fine
  • Ad
  • 2/3 cup oatmeal, uncooked
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • carrots
  • spaghetti noodles, uncooked
  • raisins
  • spaghetti sauce, canned

Directions:

First, cut 2 coins per mice out of the carrots for ears. Then make long thin strips out of the remaining carrots for the tails, one for each mouse. Steam until they are crisp tender. Don't overcook!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the ingredients for the mice bodies and shape into 4 little mice shaped loafs on baking sheet. Have them shaped to a point in the front and rounded in the back. Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven or until desired doneness.

Cut little slits for the ears about 1/3 from the pointed end of the meatloaf mouse body. Place the carrot coins in the slits for the ears. Make a tiny slit in the rounded wide end for the tail and place one of the carrot strips in the slit for the tail. Use the raisins for the eyes. Break the uncooked spaghetti noodles into pieces and place around the "nose" (pointed end) for whiskers. Heat the spaghetti sauce. Place a large spoonful of sauce on a plate. Place a meatloaf mouse on top of the spaghetti sauce to serve.

Servings: 4-6
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
45 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: My Mom

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

This is one of the cutest ideas I have seen. My son age 4 wants a Halloween party, I think I will try this out. Thanks for sharing.

How absolutely adorable! What a great way to entice the young ones to eat and have fun doing it! ;-)

This sounds really cute for kids. Also might get them to eat the carrots. Maybe sometimes you could use green pepper, or whatever else they don't care to eat for the ears, etc. I made pancakes with ears, etc. for my kids and they loved it.

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Halloween DinnersOctober 14, 2010
Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf
Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Turkey Meatloaf
Turkey Meatloaf Recipes
🎄