Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Gentle Hair Dye

Hello Ladies,

I want to dye my hair. In the past when I dye my hair I get a headache. I am getting older and I want to cover my gray. Please help. I want to know which hair color product that is out there that I can use that is gentle. Also, I get some shedding afterward.

Jacquelyn from Houston, Texas

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Lisa (Guest Post)12/09/2008

Thanks for the information. But, my hair is gray and thinning. I need something that's not going to burn the ends.

By Magon (Guest Post)07/15/2008

You can get waterworks at sally beauty supply % equipment for 4.99 reg price, sally card: 3.99. Sally is located nationwide and the website is http://www.sallybeauty.com . Doesn't carry ammonia so no offensive odors and covers gray. You just mix with water and it is permanent hair color. Hope this helps!

By oceanamoonjl@hotmail.com (Guest Post)08/01/2006

Hi there,

Waterworks haircolor is one I use that doesnt smell at all really. Mixes with water and the peroxide is already blended in w/color powder. I'm VERY chemically sensitive to almost all unnatural scents & chemical stuff and I use it w/no problems! You have to order it online, Thats only place ive found it. Good prices too! good luck! Jess

Hi there,

By Nicole [8]06/26/2006

you could try to do a cocktail with the permanent hair colour.... you mix shampoo hair colour and peroxide together... about 1/3 each and mix in container with a stir stick... then when your hair is wet... shampoo it in...[i usually have more shampoo than 1/3] leave it on... i leave mine on 20 to 30 minutes.... other people leave it 5 minutes....[the longer you leave it the darker it will take] result ... covered my greys... it gradually washes out... without roots.... more of a natural look... and i can use it 2 more time.... my hair is short... this method saves me money and is less harsh on my hair...of course don't forget to wash it out after all that

By Becky Owens [14]06/26/2006

I colored my hair for years. A few years ago (at age 39), my husband asked me to stop coloring it. The first year or so was hard for me, as I had to wait for the dyed part to grow out (I didn't want a short cut to get rid of it.) It is almost totally white now--I get SO many compliments on it! I have even had people ask if I color it white!! I vote for letting your hair grow out naturally! I never would have thought mine would have turned out so beautifully!

By Jaelyn (Guest Post)06/23/2006

There are also brands in the grocery store that carry hair dyes without ammonia - no smell!

By (Guest Post)06/23/2006

What color? For a range of red to brown colors, try henna. All natural, no chemicals. You have to do a strand test to see what your color will be. I've been henna-ing my hair for about 5 years now and I feel like I have more hair, thicker hair, and it's in better condition than ever before. My hair is originally dark brown and I get a dark cherry color with the henna. Covers grey really well. For more info, try this website: http://www.hennaforhair.com .