Browsing: Homemade Hair Dye Recipes

Gentle Hair Dye

Hello Ladies,

I want to dye my hair. In the past when I dye my hair I get a headache. I am getting older and I want to cover my gray. Please help. I want to know which hair color product that is out there that I can use that is gentle. Also, I get some shedding afterward.

Jacquelyn from Houston, Texas

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

What color? For a range of red to brown colors, try henna. All natural, no chemicals. You have to do a strand test to see what your color will be. I've been henna-ing my hair for about 5 years now and I feel like I have more hair, thicker hair, and it's in better condition than ever before. My hair is originally dark brown and I get a dark cherry color with the henna. Covers grey really well. For more info, try this website: http://www.hennaforhair.com .

There are also brands in the grocery store that carry hair dyes without ammonia - no smell!

I colored my hair for years. A few years ago (at age 39), my husband asked me to stop coloring it. The first year or so was hard for me, as I had to wait for the dyed part to grow out (I didn't want a short cut to get rid of it.) It is almost totally white now--I get SO many compliments on it! I have even had people ask if I color it white!! I vote for letting your hair grow out naturally! I never would have thought mine would have turned out so beautifully!

Hi there,

Waterworks haircolor is one I use that doesnt smell at all really. Mixes with water and the peroxide is already blended in w/color powder. I'm VERY chemically sensitive to almost all unnatural scents & chemical stuff and I use it w/no problems! You have to order it online, Thats only place ive found it. Good prices too! good luck! Jess

You can get waterworks at sally beauty supply % equipment for 4.99 reg price, sally card: 3.99. Sally is located nationwide and the website is http://www.sallybeauty.com . Doesn't carry ammonia so no offensive odors and covers gray. You just mix with water and it is permanent hair color. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information. But, my hair is gray and thinning. I need something that's not going to burn the ends.

Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJune 22, 2006
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
A woman dyeing her hair at home.
Removing Hair Dye from a Linoleum or Vinyl Floor
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 18, 2016 at 2:05:08 PM on 10.0.0.175 in 346 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.