Baby Birds Just Hatched

Last year a bird built a nest on top of the electrical box, which is just under the gutters. This year another bird claimed it as her home and today I found the new babies just hatched, how cute.

By Peggy B from Cortland, OH

No photo, try uploading it again!

Here they are at 2 weeks, I went out to get another shot and they flew out of the nest.

Do you know what kind of bird they are? Every year I have blue jays hatching in my lemon tree and they make a lot of noise, but I don't mind. This year, however, I had a whole community of crows in the trees in the back of my house and they had babies. I love birds, but they really make a racket. They took over my yard. The babies follow the mother around squawking at her non-stop, and they take baths in the dog's pool. I guess they like that better than the bird bath. My cat actually hides under one of the tables. I guess she doesn't want to take on any crows. It's actually funny, but cute. They're about ready to leave now.

Thanks for such a cute and special photo and for the updated photo, too!

Glad ya'll enjoyed my photos, they were robins. I didn't realize it only took about 3 weeks from time they were hatched till they left the nest. I keep about a dozen feeders out and would swear they are still close by, I recognized mamas cry this morning.

Robin Bird Nest
Bird Nest Photos
Photos WildlifeMay 18, 2009
Feeding a Baby
Weaning a Baby Off Breast Milk
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower