Removing Baked on Grease on Ceramic Bakeware

How do you get off cooked on grease from the new ceramic bakeware and off of Corningware bakeware? I do not use a cooking or baking spray on these, but the grease always seem to fly and bakes on the rim and the outside of the pans. I won't use the Corningware since my hubby thinks they should be spotless and I cannot get them clean!

Thanks.

By Mary from Hamilton, ON

Best Answer

Just a thought, I had the same thing happen to me and I soaked the dish in some hot water with laundry softener in it. I let it soak and after an hour, I was able to pretty much just wipe it away. I have also used Goo Gone and sometimes that works. Good luck!

Best Answer

Make a solution of powdered dishwasher detergent and hot water. Use a cup in a sink or dish pan, and soak the pan overnight. Use a nylon scrubby to remove the grease easily.

The nylon scrubby is key or one of those softer green Scotch Brite pads. Soaking a bit beforehand helps. My Corningware is 50 years old and looks good as new. Barkeepers Friend is a gentle scouring powder which an be helpful on these surfaces.

Best Answer

Soak in a sink with water and bleach several hours or overnight. I always clean my Corning Ware and Corelle dishes this way. Easy.

Try using a paste made of baking soda and water. Make it right in the pan you want to clean. Oh ya, also a bit of elbow grease as well.

I just have to say, if your husband wants the pots spotless, then maybe he should clean them himself. I'll bet he eats the food that is cooked in them.

I am the guy who wants these casseroles clean, not my wife--and yes, I DO want them spotless. and I am the one who cooks in them--AND eats from them!

I've tried everything I can think of to get these clean, baking soda/washing soda/Cascade/mineral Spirits/Acetone/denatured alcohol/oven cleaner/vinegar/citric acid-----but nothing seems to work---seems to me there should be some care instructions on the Corningware site--but no

Marcie - you are so right! Also, thanks for my chuckle of the morning

Marfette has it right. Go point out the dust on his car!

Marg from England.

Oven cleaner takes this off. Spray the dishes put in plastic garbage bag let sit overnight if possible and the grease comes right off. Also if cleaning the oven with oven cleaner put them in with that. This also works on metal cookie sheets.

My mother-in-law gave me this tip several years ago.

Rosemary

I have heard that submerging the item in a sink full of hot water with water softener and detergent works. I don't remember how much water softener is needed, probably about 1 cup per sink full of water. The water softener counteracts the minerals in hard water that make things difficult to clean. Water softener is a powder that comes in boxes like laundry detergent. One brand is Calgon, but there are probably others. It's a little hard to find these days. If it's not in the supermarket, try hardware stores like Ace, or Home Depot, Lowes or Agway.

I tried the dishwasher soap and it worked great!

I may try some other ideas after I run out of the soap!

Thanks!

Washing soda - you find it in the laundry isle. Use it with a damp dishcloth, maybe add a little extra water - the grease spots on your Corningware will pretty much wipe clean. Any really old dark scratches you'll probably have to bleach out. This works really well on your range top too.

I baked chicken with some olive oil, italian bread crumbs, garlic powder and parmisian cheese. It was AWESOME but left a hard crust on the sheet. I couldn't get it off unless I would destroy the cookie tray. After reading ideas here, I decided to spray the sheet with Clorox kitchen spray. After about an hour I checked it. Everything wiped right off with a small sponge......... TY people!

I use a wet magic eraser. Seen this tip on Pinterest. It works!!!

Let him clean it!!!

A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Cleaning Stained CorningWare
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 29, 2011
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
A used cookie sheet in need of cleaning.
Cleaning Cookie Sheets and Bakeware
Using Silicone Bakeware
Using Silicone Bakeware
🎉
🎄