Washing Grimy Socks

I keep shampoo remnants in a soap dispenser by the bathroom sink. I also have a bottle of Listerine, in a spray bottle, and a bottle of generic type hand lotion.

I had a particularly grimy pair of socks that were adult size. I was pre-washing, and I just happened to be in a weird mood. I sprayed the dirty area of the socks with the mint Listerine. Then I put shampoo on the now wet sock and lathered it up and then I put a drop of lotion on my hand and added a little more shampoo and the grime came out faster than usual.

But I never knew that Listerine together with lotion and shampoo would clean socks so well.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Hmmmm... do you think maybe you could have skipped the Listerine and hand lotion and just tried the shampoo? Shampoo is known for breaking down dirty, greasy spots prior to doing the laundry.

But I have to tell you that I did get a chuckle when you said "I just happened to be in a weird mood" before deciding to rub a combination of Listerine, shampoo, and hand lotion on a dirty sock! :)

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingApril 5, 2010
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
🎉
🎄