Stock up at Back To School Time

I used to work in a daycare, and at back to school sale time, I stocked up on items I would need for the daycare for the year (scissors, colored pencils, markers, etc.). For example, I would buy a case of Crayola 24 pack crayons and ten boxes of the 64 pack - that way, when our crayon tubs ran low, I would throw in a couple of 24 packs to keep up the most used colors and occasionally put in the 64 pack to replace the rest. It was a real budget help. Now some people would wonder why I didn't buy cheaper crayons. We did try the cheaper ones, but these tiny, waxy particles would fall off the paper when the kids were done coloring. The "crayon shrapnel"; stuck everywhere, and we had to do much more cleaning. The extra crayon expense saved us in cleaner!

I am a college student (a mom who went back to school when her kids were older), so I am always needing to pinch pennies. When the stores have their back to school sales (and especially their clearance sales after school starts), I still stock up on thing I know I'll need. Staples has an AWESOME clearance table all year long - we have found some really good snags there!

By Marie from Idaho Falls, ID

The one thing I stock up most on is folders (with pockets). I am a homemaker for the elderly and I keep my time sheets for work, client care plans, rescource info for elderly, etc in these. I also have a couple home businesses I do, so I keep my info (monthly specials, sales reciepts, log in info for websites, etc..)in these. I also have loose leaf paper and printer paper in them. It really helps keep clutter under control on my desk. Love these. Got them at Walmart when they were only 5 cents.

Crayons: ONLY CRAYOLA!!! It's no use buying any other brand, they are NOT the same formula. So stock up when they are on sale.

Parenting School SuppliesAugust 28, 2008
A pot of homemade bean with bacon soup
Making Homemade Soup and Stock
chicken tomato risotto
Recipes Using Chicken Stock
chicken noodle soup
Making Chicken Stock
Girl Getting on the Bus to go Back to School
Preparing Kids for Going Back to School
🎄