I was stung 42 times by yellow jackets 1 week ago. All of a sudden, yesterday, the skin started peeling off of each sting. The skin looks burnt. what should I do? it doesn't really hurt, but looks awful.
Sharon from Texarkana
Keep it moisturized, that will make it feel better. If you go out in the sun be sure to use plenty of sunscreen so the scars won't get suntanned. It takes 2-3 years for scar suntans to fade. Hope you're feeling better!
Go to the doctor!
If it does not hurt and just peeling try any cold creme. We use lavender for skin stuff. If it is itchy or bug bitty it works great. We use tea tree oil to though this does not smell as nice. Vinegar to pullout the toxin is good or a baking soda paste. Even if it is not swollen there is still usually poison there. Our favorite oils for irritations at home are shea butter and coconut oil mixed with cocoa butter makes a great body butter to and is simple to make.
I'd go to the doctor immediately! I am allergic to stings and you may be too. You probably need antibiotics and the singers may still be under the skin. The stings are probably infected.
Use Chapstick on the scars and in a few days the dead skin will slough off. This also works on ant bites & any other peeling scar. Neosporin is a good idea too.
Oh, so very sorry you got hurt.
To cover up marks use liquid foundation for face on the scars. Blend in to the skin color.
First off you should see a doctor if only to make sure no signs of infection are present and if not, try using Aloe Vera cream on the sores, repeating several times throughout the day and liberally before going to bed and after showering. It might take a couple of weeks but you should notice the difference fairly soon, if nothing else, Aloe Vera always brings me relief no matter what caused the problem, especially if the skin has been burned. Hope this helps and that you are feeling better real soon.
My grandmother swallowed a yellow jacket today and got stung in the throat while it was on its way down, she refuses to go to the E.R even though it is swelling! if anyone has ANY tips i would appreciate it more than you could ever imagine! THANK YOU TO ALL WHO RESPOND! :) THIS W0ULD HELP ME SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU KNOW! it's a blessing that ppl help...
Editor's Note: Seeing a doctor would be the best but if you have any Benedryl around, it will help stop any swelling or allergic reaction.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!