Food SafetyFood Tips

Metal Scratches - Milkshakes?

I have a question. I work at A&W restaurant. Something took my attention. When we are making milk shakes, we first put ice cream in a cup and we put one metal thing on top of the cup in order for the ice cream not to blow over the cup while stirring. Almost half of the metal thing is in the cup and when we are stirring it, the blender touches the metal and scratches it (the metal thing can be seen scratched) Is this an insidious health hazard or is this not detrimental? Thank you very much.

Answers

I have looked online and haven't found anything about this being detrimental, but I really haven't found much. Most of the posts about metal shavings are doing science experiments with magnets.

I doubt that the tiny amount of metal from the blade touching the "metal thing" would be enough to cause any health problems.

Susan