2 Year Old With Chickenpox

Any remedies for chickenpox for a 2 year old?

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

A bath with baking soda in it is soothing and relieves itching.

Putting bath toys in helps keep them in there for a while.

I know this sounds off the wall but I read someplace to dab listerine on itching areas and it really works. I do that for bug bites and my sister in law had shingles and she was miserable until she tried the listerine and it relieved her discomfort!!

Kids Benadryl! My son was about the same age and he was covered head to toe in chicken pox. He was absolutely miserable until I was told to try this. I gave him the kids benadryl and used calamine lotion and he was great, and so cute and spotty! I guess you can use any other childrens allergy medicine that will help to stop the itch. Good luck!

----> BENADRYL <----

will stop the itching

Homeopathic sulfur, available at health food store. Follow suggested doseage on bottle. Also, a bath with old fashioned oatmeal. Just put 1-2 cups in a clean white sock, and put under faucet. When done, this wet sock with the oatmeal can be applied where your little one itches the most. Be sure to use new oatmeal every day. Don't waste $$$ on "Aveeno" products. Oatmeal is oatmeal.

Good luck!

Try Aveeno bath soak.. it has oatmeal

Warm baths with a mixture of 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of oatmeal twice a day.

Calamine or Caladryl lotion on the spots. Put mittens or socks on his hands to help keep him fromscratching-If he scratches he is more apt to make permanent scars.

When our kids had it two years ago, the doctor told us to try spray starch. Since they were 11 and 9, they could tell me what worked best, and they both agreed. Taking several baths with Aveeno per day(and night), and spray starch won hands down with them. We did use Benadryl when they got tired so that they could get some sleep.

i certainly feel for you.mine were 2,4,6 and all had them at the same time.

good luck

Young Girl With Chickenpox
Home Remedies For Chickenpox
Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 24, 2006
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Chickenpox Vaccine
Preventing Chickenpox
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:56:28 AM on 10.0.1.151 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.