How can I get crisco oil stain and odor form my sheets?

How can I get crisco oil stain and odor form my sheets? I used them to "sop up" spilled oil, and I laundered them 2x's and they still smell oily and are heavy like its still soaked with the oil.

Ssoulsistah from Brooklyn, NY

Tryed Greased lightening. Used to be an industrial/kitchen secret, now it's out! I saw it in my Mom's laundry room, she uses it for her chef's coats. I spilled some butter on my favorite blue polo, tried sprinkling with baby powder to soak it up, Nope! But tried Greased Lightening, worked like a charm! You can get at your local Costco, Smart n Final, Sam's club in bulk, or WalMart or local grocery store. White bottle, yellow and black writing.

P.S. Also works great for the cooked on grease for pans, say when you fry something and get that cooked greased STUCK solid to your pan, this stuff wisks it away!

Good luck!

have you tried undiluted dish soap/shampoo as a pretreatment? may take a couple of tries but work it into the fabric really well and let soak in hot water ... i also have had good luck with dishwasher powder in hot water and soaking

Coke-- the soda-- is supposed to be great for getting out grease stains. Let it soak in for a while. For odors-- soaking in borax for a couple hours should do the trick.

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsSeptember 27, 2006
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🎄