When To Treat Rose Leaf Fungus

My roses have fungus on leaves. Should I trim them and treat them now or wait until spring. I am a real novice with plants.

Hardiness Zone: 9b

Loni from Sacramento, California

Are you referring to Black Spot?

no I mean that fuzzy greyish stuff that gets on the leaves and sometimes the stem itself. I've got it on my flowers now where roses used to be that had the stuff. I don't know if I should treat the ground or what?

That is called powdery mildew. Here's a potion I got from a book and it works well. You may have to cut the diseased part of your plant and throw them in the trash.

Baking Soda Spray:

1 tbsp vegetable oil

1 gallon unchlorinated water

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

1 tsp Listerine (yes, the famous mouthwash, not mint flavour, just regular)

1 tbsp liquid soap

1 &frac; tbsp baking soda

Pump sprayer (large)

Mix the baking soda, soap, Listerine, and oil with 1 cup water. Add the vinegar last so that the mix wont bubble over. Pour the mixture into the sprayer and add 1 gallon water. Shake to combine. Spray plants thoroughly.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthNovember 11, 2007
damage to chard leaf
Controlling Leaf Miners
woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 3:57:40 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.