Empty Shoe Box for Stocking Stuffers

I keep an empty shoe box in the top of my closet. When I buy stocking stuffers for my daughter, all year long, I just put it in the shoe box. When Christmastime rolls around, I have all the stocking stuffers in one place and don't have to search the house for bags of stuff. I can just open the box at any time and see what's there (if you buy in the summer during sales, you sometimes forget by November or December what you bought). This also works great if you make a shoe box at Christmas to send to children overseas.

By Mel from NC

Excellent tip - and saves time when delivering your Shoebox Christmas donation, too.

Mel, You are a very smart woman! We don't get an extra paycheck at Christmas time and your idea just makes good common sense.

Happy Holidays.

I've been doing this for years for my whole family. I put a number on the front of each shoe box. Dad is #1, I'm #2 (yes, I do my own stocking stuffers), oldest is #3, etc. If I put an initial on the front, the kids might guess what's up there. I like using a shoe box because it holds approximately the same amount that the stocking can hold.

Stockings hung by a Fire
Organizing Stocking Stuffers
Holidays and Parties Christmas Stocking StuffersNovember 23, 2009
Stockings hung by a Fire
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Making a Christmas Stocking
Making a Christmas Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
🎄