Madame, Spot, and Pugsley (Cats)

These are our cats Madame, Spot, and Pugsley. Two of them are 2 1/2, the other is 1 1/2. They are all from the same mother, but from different litters. They are formerly feral cats; we would call them 'Moggies'. They came to live with us after their mother left them on the doorstep of our mountain chalet. She then made us a gift of her only surviving kitten the following year.

This is their idea of fun, to sit on their poor old dad, trying to get the best position. He is just one of those people animals love. The funniest part is that up until this brood came to stay, he had never owned a cat!

He has a similar effect on dogs too, but they don't usually do this! The one on John's shoulder is the youngest, Puglsley. They are actually watching a soccer game, although Puglsey also enjoys wildlife documentaries!

When we are at work, they have the run of a mountain, so they get plenty of exercise. Considering that they were completely feral, they all have the most lovely, affectionate natures and have transformed a dog man into a cat man!

By Ayesha

Madame, Spot, and Pugsley (Cats)

LOL! We also have three cats and my husband often ends up with them all in his lap as well. The picture of Puglsey is priceless! I love how he has his paws stretched out. He looks so comfortable. :)

My husband is also a "preferred" resting spot for our dog who gets as close to him as she possibly can. As a puppy, she would be in his lap, but at 70 pounds, his lap just won't hold all of her at one time. They are still best buddies though.

We feel the chosen people of little animals are the luckiest people in the world. Probably the best too. My grandfather

always told us that if we know little children or animals don't like a person, then we should stay away from that person because they are not to be trusted. More than once, I've found it to be the truth too.

Your cats are beautiful. They are lucky to have found such a good home, but you people are lucky to have them to love and enjoy too.

Thank you for sharing them. Love the story.

SuziQ9

Absolutely precious! :-)

I think it's hard for a lot of men to resist a black cat. Even if they're female, they exude such a strong, masculine aura. I have a black female but she always seems like a "dude" to me. Yours are beautiful and daddy's cute too!

They are just beautiful, and they look so spoiled (as they should be) thank you for giving them such a good home. What happened to their mother?

Thanks for the lovely feedback folks. To answer K9cats we don't know what happened to their Mum. We went away for a few days when Puglsey was a kitten and living on our balcony with his Mum. Friends were feeding the others for us. When we got back there was no sign of the mum and Pugsley was hiding behind the tomato plants very afraid. We think she might have been rounded up by the cat police but managed to stash Puglsey under the wheel arch of our truck where she usually hid him! There was another one Scaredy, she was one of the first litter, she just didn't come home one day. I have never loved anything so much in my life that was not human and I miss her every day. But it is the price you pay for adopting free spirits I guess...

Photos Pets CatsFebruary 23, 2011
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
shopping for cleaners
Buying Energine Cleaner
cat sitting outside
Getting Rid of Cat Urine Odors Outside
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🎉
🎄