Exfoliate Before Shaving

To help keep razors clean and sharp when using them to shave under the arms, use a small circle size loofah (found in thrift shops) to remove any dead skin and deodorant in the armpit before shaving. You will go through less razors and save money!

By Rachel from Pine Brook, NJ

Found in thrift shops?

I certainly wouldn't want to use a loofah on sensitive underarm skin and then top it off with shaving with a sharp razor. :-o Actually, I wouldn't even shave my legs immediately after ex-foliating! That would be rash and razor burn big time for me. All you have to do is gently wash your underarms with a terry cloth washrag to remove the deodorant and slough off the dead skin cells. If you rinse your razor well after shaving and place it somewhere there is not a lot of moisture helps extend the life of a razor blade.

Sometimes you can find these in the cosmetics section near the powder puffs and loofahs. They are about 2 inches in diameter. They are gentle on the skin once they are softened up by adding some water (they expand).

Floatingspirit Rachel, believe me I know how to use a loofah properly and I am sticking to that it's still too harsh to do to tender underarm skin 'before' shaving. ;-)

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care BodyJune 23, 2010
A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🎄
🍂