Staining Particle Board Flooring

I am about to remove my carpet from my living room and hoping to stain the particle board underneath. Any suggestions?

Just be aware that particle board comes in 4x8' sheets that aren't centered (so you don't know where the ends are) and the ends soak up stain differently than the center, so the seams will be visible. You may want to seal them too.

I plan on doing the same thing when i empty the room of current furniture. I saw it on hgtv several months ago. maybe search it there. My plan is to steam clean it with a steamer then sand it where it needs it. Then put a light color stain on and wipe it off. I plan on sealing it with a clear sealer.

I've wondered if I could tear up my carpet and use the subfloor but I was thinking of painting, like a high gloss paint. Has anyone tried that?

sheet of particle board
Staining Particle Board Flooring
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJuly 10, 2008
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Particle Board Desk
Repairing Particle Board Furniture
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board