Opening Nail Polish Bottles

I always have trouble opening nail polish bottles, especially if they have been used more than once.

Today I was trying to open one and nothing was small enough to fit around the top and then I ran across a nut cracker, and it worked wonderfully. Never again will I have to ask my husband to open my nail polish. It is a perfect fit for a small bottle.

By Pat437 in GA

I found the best way to keep the mouth's of bottles from sticking, before closing, is use Vaseline or lotion. It really makes it much easier to open. Really works great in the kitchen, too.

If you have trouble opening old or even new bottles of nail polish, don't grab for the nutcrackers. They can break the top if you squeeze too hard. Just tip the bottle upside down and pour some nail polish remover around the opening. The bottle will open right up! That's what the girl who gives me pedicures does.

After you've used some nail polish, run a cotton ball of nail polish remover around the neck of the bottle. It will remove wet nail polish from the neck of the bottle. Then, when you twist on the brush/cap, it won't fuse to the bottle. :)

Whenever I can't open a bottle or jar, I put a rubberband around the top and try again. It works pretty well. The friction from the rubber gives you a better grip.

Hold the bottle of nail polish under hot running water for a minute or so.

I still cannot open this bottle of polish! Someone please help, I have tried everything!

Totally worked! Thanks for the great advice!

The rubberband thing really works! Just opened up my nail polish :)

OMG thank you so much. I did the nail polish remover trick as well as the rubber band trick and put together they work!

It took a few trys but now its open!

Thanks for the nail polish remover tip...opened up my stuck-shut Opi bottle right away!

opening a pickle jar
Opening Jars and Bottles
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceOctober 10, 2005
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Opening Jars with Arthritic Hands
Opening Jars with Arthritic Hands
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎉
🎄