Set this little guy up with your holiday decor.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 5 wood or clay flower pots, 1 1/2 inch - 2 inch
- acrylic paint: blue, red, black, skin tone
- small piece of red and white felt
- metallic pompoms, 1/2 inch, 2 inches, and 1 inch
- 1 tassel about 1 inch long
- colored markers
- hot glue
- Paint 2 of the pots solid black. Paint the remaining 3 with black rims and bottoms: one blue, one red, and one flesh tone. Let dry for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the red felt into small rectangles for the arms. Cut the white into mitten forms. Length will depend on the size of your pots.
- Hot glue the mittens to the arms then glue a piece of ribbon where the felt pieces meet.
- Take the tassel (one can be made using embroidery thread if you can't find a pre-made one) and glue a couple of pompoms to the top with a 1 inch piece of ribbon to hang from hat.
- When the paint is dry glue the pots together as shown in the pic.
- Glue a piece of ribbon around the waist where the pots meet (see pic) and another piece crossed at his chest. Glue another around his neck and his hat where the pots meet. Glue the larger pompom to the top of his hat.
- Glue his arms at his sides, glue near neck. Glue smaller pompoms at his shoulders.
- Using markers or paint draw a half circle coming down from his hat as a flap and paint a face.
- Display or make a pair as a gift. Would be a great grab bag gift this holiday.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
November 26, 20100 found this helpful
Pom poms are 1/2" and 1", not 1 foot, 2 inches, and 1 inch. :)
December 6, 20100 found this helpful
Very ingenous. Cute idea! Clever as can be!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 3:09:22 PM on 10.0.0.85 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us