DishesCleaning

Burnt Revere Pan

I burnt a Revere pan, not copper bottomed, making hot fudge icing . How do I clean it?

bpcazer from Brinkley, AR

I didn't read all the feedback so I don't know if this is there already. My mama used to boil potato peelings in whatever pot needed a good scrub. Tomato products, i.e. paste or sauce will also help to clean stainless pans. Just heat it and allow to stand. And then there's also the metal scrubbers and brillo.

Any idea how to clean the OUTSIDE of the burned revere ware pan, not copper bottomed

I have the solution to your problem,this will work on the copper bottom & the inside that was burned from water,milk excetera.My husband is a body work man fixing & painting cars,when he paints cars afterwards he has to wet sand & buff the paint to get out imperfections.He uses a 1000 grit or 1,500 grit sandpaper,it's really fine grain.I use it on the inside & the out side of my Revereware pans,you have to let a slow flow of water run on it the whole time your scrubbing.It does not scratch the pans because it's such a fine grain of sandpaper.I promise you it will not scratch & they come out looking brand new,you have to remember to run a trickle of water over it as your scrubbing.Your wet sanding the burnt stuff & film off the pan,if it works on car paint without scratching it will work on your pans.I have been useing this method for 20 years now with perfect looking pans.You can get the sandpaper at the hardware or automotive store,ask for 1000 grit to 1,500 wet dry sandpaper,it don't take much scrubbing neither.I promise you will never go back to any other way again after useing this method.

I would use Comet. It works really good

How do you get that off?

An overnight soak with full strength household ammonia will loosen a lot of burnt pan messes, especially if they had some oil, grease, or fat content. Put the pan in a plastic garbage bag and tie the bag tight to contain the fumes.

The very easiest way to clean off the black encrusted burnt grease from copper bottom revere ware iis to throughly clean the inside then put the pan on a burner until the inside turns blue/grey. Take it off the heat and let it rest . DO NOT RINSE until cool- this will warp the pan. The black stuff will just flake off and you can clean the inside with comet or such to remove the blue and the outside with water and , for a great shine with Brasso. Bright boy or my favorite Weimans's Metal creme. But be very careful, if you heat to long the copper will melt off. Check it after 3/4 minutes. It should look flaky/bubbly.