Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I would like to know to get a copy of the Animal Bazaar pattern from the Coats and Clark book number Art J17 0713? Please help me. Thank you.

By Bonnie from Athol, ID

By Patricia Eldridge04/04/2011

Here's a pattern complete with pictures:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf26523514.tip.html

Here are questions related to Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn.

Question: Pattern for No Wire Shaggy Yarn Dog

How do I get the pattern for making a shaggy yarn dog without using a wire hanger from MooMoo52? She told us she'd send it. If someone else has the pattern and is willing to share that would be great. Or if you know where I can search I would also be grateful.

By Donna D.

Question: Making a Yarn Dog

I want to make the yarn dog without the coat hanger. I'm looking for the pattern to make this dog. Can someone help?

By Glenda J.

Question: Coats and Crafts Shaggy Dog Pattern

I am looking for the pattern to make a shaggy dog. It is in Coats and Crafts #Art j17 Book 0713. It is titled Animal Bazaar Book. There is no wire is in this dog. I am desperate to find either the book itself or at least the directions to make the dog. He is so so cute. Thanks to anyone who can help.

By shaggyjean from Park Ridge, IL

Most Recent Answer

By marty06/28/2011

Check etsy.Com/it's a place where crafters sell there wares. It works like ebay. So go to the site and put the pattern number in and see if they have it.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I posted my request, for making shaggy dog from yarn. I've gotten great feedback, but it's not what I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for is from a pattern, and it's only yarn, no coat hangers, or nothing. It is made just by lying out a lot of yarn, and tying string to form the legs, and a ball for the head. The yarn is clipped for the bangs that cover the face down to the nose, and it's shaggy all over, a little longer than your hand. It is so cute!

Alice1950 from OH

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I did this with Dougal from Magic Roundabout. Using a stuffed material body, sausage shaped, I laid the stranded yarn across the body and back stitched it down the center, which made it look like Dougal's parting.

It also works for a long coated ram. Unless you mean just using yarn, this would require a lot of yarn, make as to do a doll's hair. (04/11/2008)

By Yvonne

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I know what you are talking about. I have made these dogs in the past. You use a wire coat hanger and yarn. You bend your coat hanger in the shape of a dog. This is hard to explain; you bend it so that you have two hind legs (a upside down u in the back and two front legs the hook is your head.

This may take a little practice so have patience when bending your wire. Then take you yarn and a piece of card board about 3 inches wide. Wrap your yarn around the card board about 6 or 7 times. Being careful slip off the yarn and tie in the middle with another piece of yarn. Make your tie off long enough to tie to your wire hanger. Tie this to the wire form. It will take many, many of these to form your dog. As you tie these on you will see your dog take shape. You can use those wiggly eyes they have in the craft department just glue on. Good luck and I really wish I could find my pattern to copy and paste here, but as always, I can't find it when I need it. (04/11/2008)

By Madeline

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I have a pattern and also photos of a dog that I use to have patients make when I worked as an occupational therapist. (Now retired) It may be what you are looking for. The dog is made by winding yarn around a cardboard/plastic 3 inch square and then that is tied tightly in the middle. When all the "puffs" are made, the puffs are put on wire (you can buy it inexpensively in Michaels. I believe it is 20 gauge, the thickest jewelry wire) and a twist is made between the puffs. I thought Shirley had put it on Yarn Lover's Room (knitting-crochet.com), but I could not find it to put the website here for people.

Anyone who is interested can email me through this site, with Yarn Dog in the subject so I don't delete it, and I will attach a picture and the pattern for you and send it to you. Harriet (04/13/2008)

By Har'iet

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

etsy.com

I saw a picture of a shaggy dog made of yarn at this link. It is from a pattern book put out by Red Heart in 1992. It has instructions/patterns for 20 yarn-based crafts (None involve knitting or crocheting. They are made around pompoms and various wrapping methods.) The person owning this book has it for sale at the link. I will try to add the picture I saw below. (05/27/2008)

By carnation037

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

RE: Making A Shaggy Dog Out Of Yarn

I found the pattern that you want. It is called Animal Bazzar and is in Coats and Crafts # Art J17 Book 0713. If you want I could copy it and send it to you. You can contact me through ThriftyFun. My name is Mary. (10/15/2009)

By moomoo52

Does anyone have pattern for yarn dog, without wire or other materials except eyes, nose, and tongue?

By Martha

I need the pattern for a yarn dog from Coats & Clark.

By Bonnie from Ada, OH