Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing

I finally found a beanie that I really enjoy wearing. It's cotton and comfy and everyone really likes it on me. Problem is, when I washed it for the first time, I forgot it in the dryer. So now it's shrunken and I'm sad. :(

Advice on how to stretch it back out would be appreciated.

By Brandon from Phoenix, AZ

I would wash it again, or get it good and wet; then try stretching it is all I can think of. Perhaps putting it over an item larger than it is and trying to "force" it gently to stretch. Good luck! Better to dry some things on top of the dryer than to allow them to be shrunk!

This happens to us quite often with hats & tshirts. I usually just get them wet again & stretch them out. You can also throw it in the wash again with whatever you are washing with fabric softene(the softener helps loosen it up)r, then when it comes out of the washer, stretch it out over an upside down milk jug, bucket, or something else that's the right size & let it dry.

young woman trying to button too tight jeans
Stretching Shrunken Cotton Clothing
Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingOctober 4, 2010
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
Knitted Sweaters
Stretching Shrunken Wool Garments
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap