Water Filter for KitchenAid Refrigerator

I have "inherited" with the purchase of a house, a Kitchenaid refrigerator, model KSRS25QAWH01. It needs a water filter; there is none in place currently. On my other refrigerators the water filter is inside the unit, but this line is accessible only in the front of the unit behind the grille where the condenser coils are.

I do have literature for this model (guessing it is 15 years old) and it recommends a filter called a MICRON 5. When I google it, nothing comes up. Is there perhaps anyone out there who knows if I can put another filter on this model and if so which one? Thanks.

By calvinsammi from Kokomo, IN

Hello, why don't you call Kitchen Aid and ask them?

Try calling Sears parts dept 18004myhome and give the model number or if you have the book there must be a number to call about parts or any other place likr Home Depot or Lowes should be able to help also.

Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorSeptember 6, 2009
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Well Water
Cleaning A Well Water Filter
🎉
🎄