Can Campho-Phenique Be Used Vaginally?

Is Campho-Phenique safe to use as a vaginal healing product for irritations and raw spots?

By madownie from Brunswick, GA

Oh gawd, no, no, no! See a doctor for medicines specifically for that sensitive area. Or at least ask a pharmacist to help you pick something that might help.

There is an over the counter product called Vagisil made for these sorts of things. Vagisil now makes a test you can take to see if you have a yeast infection. There are over the counter medications for yeast infections. Anything beyond this, you should see your doctor. I have seen online where some people use Campho-Phonique for problems like this, but you really aren't supposed to use it internally.

They're both right; campophenique isn't meant for use on mucous surfaces which the vagina is, with increased blood/surface areas which mean that whatever you use is highly more able to get into the blood. That also means any infections you have are also more likely to get into the blood. So this is an area you certainly don't want to mess with. I'd go see your doctor and have him give you the right topical (vagisil isn't antibacterial, and you also don't want to mess with the good bacteria that protect the vagina). If you do end up taking antibiotics, ask your pharmacist if it's ok to eat yogurt at the same time. If not, at least eat it afterwards to prevent the secondary yeast infection that often comes from antibiotic use.

Never!

In the first place you need to find out what the raw spots and irritations are. Then use what the doctor gives you. There are some things you can't treat yourself.

Oh No, Heck No! Campho-Phenique is for external use only! Talk to your pharmacist and/or doctor before possibly self treating your vaginal areas!

Absolutely not! Do not even think about putting that down there! Talk to your area pharmacist if you can not afford to go to the doctor. Please keep us all informed on what you do end up doing ok? Please be safe and not sorry. :(

My dear, you will be doing the hot pants dance. This will burn your sensitive area so bad you may end up in the ER. Try and explain that situation. Well, I was just wondering if it would work. Glad you stopped in with the question. No, no, no, no!

As others have said, no.

Now think it through, as this is a case of common sense and a lack of. Camphophenique is a clear gel that is applied directly to the sore and affected area. It contains a type of alcohol (Camphorated phenol (camphor 10.8% and Phenol 4.7%) To even wonder, if...

Seriously, I spit my drink out. I'm glad you asked before you did anything stupid.

It would add a whole new meaning to "Ring of Fire".

Nice joke, got lot's of response, get a life!

The answers here do not match up with my research. Campho-phenique is pramoxine - it can be used to treat hemorrhoids, anal fissures, vaginal itching, etc. If you have a herpes sore on your vulva, it can provide some relief (yes burning, but if you have herpes you'll be used to that). I'm kind of annoyed by the responses that do not take this question seriously.

http://www.healthcentral.com/skin-c ... tions/campho-phenique-top-15907/uses

I've used it on a boil I had down there, it helped with the pain and healing. It did burn, I used a Q-Tip.

Do it help for the under arm boil it looks to be gettin bigger now.

Campho-Phenique
Using Campho-Phenique
Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 17, 2010
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
A whole dried lime.
Drying Limes
used car dealership
Buying a Used Car
🎉
🎄