Use Plastic Hanger Clips for Food Clips

When shopping for clothes that are on the plastic hangers with clips, like skirts, shorts, slacks, always ask for the hanger. You can cut the little clips out away from the plastic hanger and then smooth any rough spots with sandpaper and you have some of the best, strongest clips for your chip bag, bulk cereal bags, etc. You can even ask for them at the stores. They will hand them over to you, the hangers that is. Enjoy the idea and get to saving that money!

Source: I give the credit to this idea to my wonderful, selfless neighbor Isaac. He is an amazing man, recovered from an aneurysm which changed his life dramatically at a tender age, he is always helping others, and an inspiration to us Christians in the world. He has a whole tub of these they use. Gracias, Senor Isaac!

By Dori C from Harlingen, TX

That seems like a lot of work to do just to get a few spring clips, plus I like to use those hangers for pants or skirts.

I just use clothespins for cereal bags, chips, etc. (the ones that have a spring, not the slide-on wooden ones). You can find these clothespins in the dollar stores and anywhere from 20-40 clothespins come in a pack depending on if they are plastic or wood.

I also use the spring type clothespins.

I use the clothes pins too but I loved this tip. Thanks! After a while, you can have too many of those plastic hangers and it's a great idea to be able to use the clip part.

I also use close pins, except I paint them a solid color, and then decorate for the holidays, Halloween, 4th of July and Christmas! I also use the clothes pins on the mail box, to secure a letter that's going out!

A binder clip used as a chip clip
Chip Clip Ideas
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 13, 2009
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Making Zipper Hair Clips
Colorful sweater hanging in a closet.
Removing Hanger Bumps on Sweaters
white and red chip clips
Uses For Chip Clips
Garment Hanger Solution
Collapsible Garment Hanger Solutions