Browsing: Organizing Your Linen Closet

The Dream Linen Closet

When I bought new sheets they all came in those plastic zippered bags. We only keep two fitted sheets per bed - one for using and one for changing when the other's being washed.

Voila! A total of 5 sheets purchased gave me storage for one queen fitted sheet and 4 pillowcases, one full fitted and 2 pillowcases, one twin fitted and 1 pillowcase, plus two extra for the extra top sheets we use now and then. They are labeled and stacked in less than half the area they used to take up before.

I did the same thing with all the blankets we had - put them in large zippered bags we had gotten earlier with comforters (most were gifts).

Each of us has two bath towels in our own color which we keep in our bathrooms and we only have 4 guest towels in the linen closet. There's a pile of beach towels also, and the floor has all the sleeping bags and mats.

Now there's a whole shelf that's empty in there! I can't believe how those bags have made so much room!

By Rabbithorns

Interesting thoughts on the linen closet. Ours has been kind of a catch all over the years. A while back I came across a long set of coated wire shelves that we fastened to the inside of the linen closet door. It holds all of the first aid items that had cluttered one of the shelves. On the floor of the closet I use unused suitcases to hold blankets and other items that aren't used regularly. It keeps them dust free and organizes that area that was hard to keep neat. I too keep those nice zipper bags that blankets come in. They contain out of season blankets etc and can be stored on bedroom closet shelves as well. If you have a basement, a cedar chest (purchased at a garage sale) is a good storage place for sleeping bags and out of season clothing that need a clean dry storage place.

Woman holding linens in front of linen closet.
Organizing Your Linen Closet
Organizing LaundryDecember 27, 2004
Decorated and embellished fabric calendar.
Decorating a Linen Wall Calendar
Paper Plate Dream Catcher
Making a Paper Plate Dream Catcher
mirrored closets
Affixing Fabric to Mirrored Closet Doors
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 2:33:54 PM on 10.0.1.134 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.