Halloween Costume: Lunch Lady Land!

My company allows us to dress up at Halloween, but it's difficult to find costumes that are family-appropriate and don't hinder movement. One year I made a big splash for less than $10!

Start with an apron. I bought a canvas piece at a craft store, but consider hitting the thrift stores to save even more. Now comes the fun part - stain it up! Lay the apron in the bathtub and use mustard, ketchup, makeup, markers, paint, and whatever else you can find to make it messy. Let it dry, then launder gently. Just this once, stains are good! Wear the apron over any outfit. Add a hairnet. If someone in your family has purchased a wig for their costume, see if it came with a net. Many do, and it's free! Use a ribbon to attach an ice cream scoop to the apron. If you'd like, you can add even more extras: rubber gloves, a smudge on your cheek or anything else that fits!

Now you're ready to dish out some fun!

By Anda

Love it - totally unique! Funnier to me because I recently learned one of my aunts really IS a lunch lady! Lol!

Man in Housewife costume
Quick and Easy Halloween Costumes
Crafts Halloween CostumesOctober 26, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
Making a Batgirl Costume
Girl Dressed as a Nurse
Making a Nurse Costume
🎉
🎄