Organizing Kitchen Gadgets

I love to cook and I love gadgets; therefore my kitchen drawers are overflowing with so many things that I can't find what I am looking for. For organizing your most used items, you must first take out all seasonal items and put those in plastic shoe boxes with lids and label them for holiday baking, summer fun, etc.

The Summer Fun box is for my kids Popsicle makers and snow cone making items. The Holiday Baking box is for all the cookie cutters, the turkey baster, etc. These boxes are for specialty items that you don't use regularly but need to come out seasonally. These are things that you don't want to get rid of.

The next step is to take the rest of the gadget drawer and empty it into a box. This box remains on the counter for one month. Every time you use something out of the box, wash it, and then put it back into the drawer. After one month, anything left in the box gets donated or sold in a garage sale. The things that are in the gadget drawer after the month are the things that you use most regularly. The others you can live without.

By KimberDnTX from Corinth, TX

Good idea. Think I'll give it a try myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Great idea. I probably have stuff in there from 20 years ago that hasn't been touched after 3 house moves...LOL. We're foodies so it's really hard to part with culinary "treasures" but your idea makes sense if I can really part with the leftovers.

Organizing Your Kitchen, Dishes neatly organized in a wood cabinet.
Organizing Your Kitchen
Organizing KitchenJune 16, 2010
Getting More Life from Batteries
Getting More Life from Batteries
Organizing a Small Kitchen, A small kitchen painted lime green.
Organizing a Small Kitchen
Wood Knife Holder
Making a Kitchen Knife Holder
Large Kitchen Fire
Preventing Kitchen Fires