Making Rugs from Scrap Fabrics and T-Shirts

I was wondering if anyone has directions for creating a rug from fabric scraps? I prefer one that involves sewing rather than crocheting. I have seen a few tutorials online, but wanted to "pick the brains" of the Thriftyfun community before committing to a certain method. I like the look of a shag (shaggy) type rug. I am also interested in rugs made from t-shirts. Thanks in advance!

By Pamela from McMinnville, TN

Have I got the perfect one for you then! It's made from t-shirts & it's sewn. I've been wanting to try this ever since I saw it! If you make one, please post pictures?

Crafts RugsNovember 6, 2010
Bin of scrap wood.
Craft Ideas Using Scrap Wood
Scrap Quilt
Scrap Quilt Ideas
Rustic birdhouse.
Scrap Wood Birdhouses
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs