Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Marketing Your Business on a Shoestring Budget

Marketing is important for any business, but advertising can be very expensive. There are low cost or even free ways to promote your business. This is a guide about marketing your business on a small budget.

I own and operate a bed and breakfast. Since there are people in my town that will never need to stay at my bed and breakfast I still like to offer them a taste of what I have to offer in the event that relatives and/or friends might need lodging.

So when I have left over muffins that morning I bring them with me and offer them at the bank, the hairdressers, the dry cleaners, the grocery store clerk, etc. It's simple marketing but I've received many referrals doing this. Also add your business card when you give a muffin to each person.

By joesgirl

You should also offer to sell muffins and other treats to the people you have given your samples to. Sometimes guests stay at the host's house, making it very hard for the host to cook all this extra yummy stuff. Maybe some of them would like to special order from you.

Im starting business selling muffins and a friend of mine said to researsgthe target audience of muffins. who would the target audience be?

Muffin head

Is there anyone who doesn't like home-made baked goods? Have you considered selling your muffins through local restaurants or cafeterias (who don't already have muffins on the menu)? Wrap them in plastic wrap, add a sticker with your company name / contact information and have the restaurant owner put them in a bowl beside the cash register?

Many companies have breakfast or mid-morning meetings. You could consider printing up a menu (the varieties you make), with prices, and leaving a copy with the receptionist at the front desk or ask to speak to the person who customarily organizes meetings?

Good luck!

Business and Legal BusinessJuly 27, 2011
beautifully designed kitchen
Starting an Interior Design Business
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business, A handwritten business plan on paper.
Creating a Business Plan for a Small Business
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 29, 2017 at 6:49:41 AM on 10.0.1.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.