Cleaning a Leather Couch

How do you get Bengay off a leather couch?

By Mary from Winona, MN

I use liquid soap. I had read that it cleans and keeps the leather supple as well. Smells good, too. anne

April 10, 2011 Flag

I have a high quality saddle tan couch. I have done nothing to it for eight years. Most of the couch has faded quite a bit. The only soiled area on the couch is the front face of the seat cushions where our dog used to rub his face.

I've read some of the other posts about not using saddle soap. Why is that? I've always thought that it was good to clean and replenish the leather. What does it cost if I have a professional clean and restore it?

By dbfkelley from Vernon Hills, IL

Answers:

Cleaning a Leather Couch

I was just in an Ashley Furniture store the other day and saw the excellent leather care products they offer. They would also be able to give you additional information. They are top notch with their customer service. (07/25/2009)

By yolanda.r.n.

July 24, 2009 Flag

I have a red leather couch and find there is a lot of deep down grim when I wipe it with baby wipes. I would like to find something to clean it without taking off the red dye in the couch.

Karen from England (Peterborough)

Answers:

Cleaning a Leather Couch

I got this from this URL: http://www.ehow.com/how_3138_clean-leather.html
(08/26/2006)

By Cyinda

Cleaning a Leather Couch

Oops! I put the wrong URL on my previous post, the leather direction cleaning I posted is partly taken form DIY TV network's "The Queen of Clean" this is the real one:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/lv_household_tips/article/0,2041,DIY_14119_2275103,00.html

The URL I posted earlier suggests using Mink Oil. Mink Oil is fine for softening and "breaking in" leather, but don't use it anywhere where you have seams, because it causes the thread to rot and break down much, much quicker. So think about that before you decide to use mink oil, it may also darken your leather. (08/26/2006)

By Cyinda

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureApril 10, 2011
Sharpie Marker on Leather Couch
Cleaning Permanent (Sharpie) Marker from Leather Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄