Homemade Snowflake Glass Ornaments

These are so easy to make and look so elegant.

• empty clear glass ball ornaments
  • artificial snow
  • snowflake stickers
  • Ad
  • 1 plastic straw
  • funnel (optional)

Directions:

1. All you do is remove the lid from each ball ornament and fill each ornament about 1/2 way to 1/3 way with the artificial snow. You can either use a funnel to get the snow in the ball, or you can angle cut the end of a straw to use as a little scoop for picking up the snow and then putting down into the mouth of the ornament to get the snow easily inside. (I found this easier than the funnel as the funnel gets a bit clogged).
  2. Once you have your snow inside the ornament, put the silver cover back on (I use hot glue to seal mine so they don't ever slip off).
  3. Adhere your sticker on the outside of the ornament.

These are so pretty, they look so fancy and you can really make a bunch of them at a very low cost.

By Michele from East Bethel, MN

These look beautiful....was wondering, where did you get the clear ornaments and about how much were they?

Thanks for peaking and for the compliment! The glass ornaments can be found at Michaels or JoAnn or even Target or Walmart. They are under $5 for a pack of 9. They have larger ones, too.

The picture really doesn't do the ornament justice~ they are so pretty (if I do say so myself!)

Thank-you for the info, am going to try making these. Was thinking a snowman sticker or a reindeer might be pretty, too. These would be so nice to give someone as a present, maybe even a group of 4 in a pretty box.

Thanks again.

Tammy

These are beautiful ornaments! Can you tell me where you purchased the hook? It adds the finishing touch to your work.

The hooks, believe it or not, are from Target. I got them last year (2006) but they were right there next to all of the other standard ornament hooks. Thanks for looking at my craft!

Very pretty! Where did you get the snowflake stickers? I will definitely be looking for some clear glass ornaments after Christmas on sale.

Thanks for sharing!

I've seen JCPenney have great looking hooks after Christmas.

I can't thank-you enough for sharing.I am a craft store junkie.I got the glass balls a couple years ago and didn't get any insprireation til now.Plus my home is powder blue and silver for Christmas.I even bought those wooded snowflakes,painted them,bought cheap shower hooks and glued them on.Just 1 question;how come you don't fill them full w/snow? Thanks,Keeper in NC

I had the stickers on hand, but originally picked them up in a scrapbook section of either Michaels or maybe even Walmart. I'm sure you could use any sticker to get a different look.

You could fill them as full as you'd like-- I just didn't completely fill them so that the snow can float around in there when the ornament is being handled. Thanks again and have fun making them!

I found some of these hooks at the Dollar Tree a few years ago.

Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Photos Holiday ChristmasDecember 12, 2007
Making Photo Ornaments
Making Photo Ornaments
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Pom Pom Christmas Tree Ornament
Pom Pom Christmas Tree Ornaments
🎄