Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Can You Soften Hairbrush Bristles?

I was given a pocket bristle Mason and Pearson hairbrush for my 21st birthday 26 years ago, and it's served me well over the years. It's the only brush I've ever had that has brushed my hair just the way I like it; not too hard, and not too soft. And it gives it lots of body.

I've bought two other M and P brushes which are exactly the same over the years, but both feel too hard and the pneumatic pad feels very rigid. They sort of 'scrape' through my hair rather than brush it.

I've emailed the M and P company to ask if there's anything I can do to soften the bristles, but have had no reply. Does anyone have any tried and true tips for making my new brushes feel more comfortable and softer? I'm prepared to get another brush if I have the right recommendation! Perhaps the boar and nylon bristles together would be better? Thanking you in anticipation.

Virginia from Canberra, Australia

By