Can You Soften Hairbrush Bristles?

I was given a pocket bristle Mason and Pearson hairbrush for my 21st birthday 26 years ago, and it's served me well over the years. It's the only brush I've ever had that has brushed my hair just the way I like it; not too hard, and not too soft. And it gives it lots of body.

I've bought two other M and P brushes which are exactly the same over the years, but both feel too hard and the pneumatic pad feels very rigid. They sort of 'scrape' through my hair rather than brush it.

I've emailed the M and P company to ask if there's anything I can do to soften the bristles, but have had no reply. Does anyone have any tried and true tips for making my new brushes feel more comfortable and softer? I'm prepared to get another brush if I have the right recommendation! Perhaps the boar and nylon bristles together would be better? Thanking you in anticipation.

Virginia from Canberra, Australia

Answer

Home and Garden Repair OtherJune 4, 2008
Apple cider vinegar in a glass decanter with apples.
Cleaning With Vinegar
Making Homemade Dryer Sheets
Making Homemade Dryer Sheets
Plain Hairbrush
Painting a Hairbrush
Woman wearing a facial mask.
Tips for Smoother Skin
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 24, 2016 at 8:45:57 AM on 10.0.0.157 in 288 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.