Grease Stains on a Tablecloth

I have tried oxy cleaner, dawn, simple green and I still have food and grease stains on table cloths and napkins. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Tammie from FL

I have had good results w/Scrubbing Bubbles.

Saturate the stain and let soak, then wash as

usual. Has worked on several things that I

thought were ruined.

Hope it works for you.

If all else fails, and the cloth is really washable, use WD 40 right on the spot, let sit 15 minutes, rub between hands, then toss and wash/dry. It should be gone by then. Good luck. : )

I would try pouring ammonia on it. I had turkey grease stains on my pants (from a baster that went wild). I washed them without thinking and even dried them. I rewashed them, pouring ammonia on them and the stain came right out.

I have tried ammonia and it usually works....also WD-40 believe it or not seems to work on some tough grease stains wash soon after applying do not allow any pretreatment to dry as it will sometimes make the stain worse.

I have found the best way to remove gravy stains is simply to wash the entire garment in a vat of gravy. It's a little hard on the spin cycle, but it evens out the color quite nicely.

<b>Editor's Note</b> Tee hee.

Goop! Found in any hardware store. Seriously. It's a grease cleaner, works amazing, little bit goes long way.

January 31, 2007 Flag

This Thanksgiving my guests got lots of gravy on my brand new white Damask tablecloth and napkins. Instead of using bleach (that is "hit and miss" in removing some stains), I used 3% hydrogen peroxide on the gravy stains.

Carefully pour some on each stain, rub, wait a minute and the stain literally disappears before your eyes! Then launder as usual. The cloth and napkins are now "good to go" for Christmas.

By Shelly E from Las Vegas

Removing Gravy Stains from Damask Tablecloth

My sister told me another great idea. Before you remove your tablecloth from the dinner table, pretreat all the spots with dish liquid. Dish liquid is formulated to remove food stains and grease. It works for me. (12/23/2005)

By Carol

white tablecloth
Removing Food Stains from Tablecloths
Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsJanuary 31, 2007
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet