Roll-Up Candy Canes
Crafting Time: about 10 minutes or less per candy cane
What You Need:
- white copy paper (printer paper)
- markers or crayons
- cellophane tape
Copy paper measures 8 1/2 x 11 inches. Lay the paper on a tabletop so the long sides go up and down. Color stripes from top to bottom across the entire page. All candy canes are not red and white, so be creative in your color choices.
- Now, turn the paper over so the white side is up. The next part may require some adult assistance. Starting in one corner of the paper, roll the paper over a pencil and move toward the opposite corner. You will be moving diagonally across the page.
- When you get to the opposite corner, allow the paper roll to loosen just a little to allow the pencil to slide out easily. Now use a small piece of tape to secure the end of the paper to the roll.
- Use two fingers to flatten one end, about one third up the roll.
- Roll the flattened end around your pencil to curl. Remove the pencil and shape the curled flattened end to make a candy cane.
- Tie a ribbon bow around your candy cane.
Note: Copy paper can also be cut into smaller rectangles, 4 x 8-1/2 for a small candy cane or 6 x 8-1/2 for a medium sized candy cane.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 25, 2017 at 2:12:04 AM on 10.0.1.224 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us