Dog Water Bowl That Keeps the Water Cold

Does anyone know about a water bowl for dogs that keeps the water cold? There just has to be such a thing, especially for us Southern people!

Suzi from Central TX

Hi - I don't know about a dog dish that will keep the water cold - we usually freeze the water so that the water is pretty cold most of the day as it melts ...I use the two bowl system - one in the freezer at all times then swap them over when the other one has melted and the water is getting warm. I wash the bowl and refresh the water each time

You can sometimes buy insulated bowls, but the water will still only stay cold for just so long. I recommend that you freeze large blocks of ice and put into their water or else just take it out and let it melt. They will love it! My collie loves to "fish" for ice cubes in her water. She will stick her whole long nose in, clear up to her eyes to get one!

I've seen them at Tuesday Morning, if you have one near you. I've seen them at more than one store, 3 different states. Anyway, you know the mugs you can buy that have that gel stuff in it that you put in the freezer and it keeps your beverages cold? Same thing except that the get stuff is keeping the bowl clean. When I saw it, I thought it was about time someone came up with something like that.

I am thinking that crockery (mostly unglazed) would permit water evaporation and possibly keep water at less than boiling hot. You might have to experiment.

Would it be healthy to drink from this? I don't know.

So I take it your dogs are outside like ours are. (2 of them) :)

We went on vacation for 10 days and because we live out in the country and are fairly new to our community we didn't have anyone house sit everyday for us. (Our Son came out 2-wice to check on the property and dogs)

Anyhow... we have an auto dog feeder we bought at Wal-Mart a few years ago, we fill it up about every 2 weeks and it holds 30lbs of food.

As for the water, we bought an auto dog spicket <sp>

that you hook up to the outside water spicket. We bought that one at Home Depot. The dogs can water themselves! But while we were on vacation we 'jerry rigged' the dog waterer to drip into a bird bath layed flat on the ground. The water stayed cold because of the constant dripping. (It is still being used this way since it is so hot outside).

You can ask any sales associate at a hardware store or Pet store and they will know exactly what you are talking about.

P.S. The dogs are not in the heat all day... we have a swamp cooler in the garage and the dogs stay in there or go swimming in the pool!!

Consider getting a water feature.I'm not sure what it is made of, cement or something similar. (Very heavy) Since we put our water feature on the porch, my dogs prefer drinking from it, rather than their water bowls. Even if it is not switched on, the water stays cool.

I'm sure if you search the Internet you can find such an item. I live in Central Florida and although my three dogs live indoors, I keep cold water in their stainless steel bowls at all times. The tap water is hot when it comes out and I know I wouldn't want to drink it! I believe dogs prefer cold water to tepid.

Good luck on your search.

hi. this is jamar. we are in the middle of creating a water bowl that keep the water cold. if you have any questions, contact my partner at: ret_mccarthy at yahoo dot com

We have a prototype and a prevent pat. will be on market soon.

Hey guys. Check out CoolLap.net. Cool Lap is a collapsible dog bowl that keeps the water colder longer. I bought one for my dogs and it works great.

A dog drinking water on a hot day.
Keeping Your Dog Safe in Hot Weather
Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 24, 2006
cat by bowl
Cat Splashes Water Out of Bowl
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
Computer
Computer Won't Start in Cold Weather
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
🎉
🎄