Uses for Chicken Broth

I boiled a family pack of chicken wings for my mother and I have a pot full of tasty chicken broth on hand. What can I do with the broth? Can it be frozen and used later?

Onesummer

Yes you can freeze chicken broth, I put mine in 1 c. portion in a Ziploc bags, and I freeze them in 3 c. at a time in my food saver,

This way they're ready to go for rice, gravies, fricassee & soup, I sometimes add it to vegetables when I've ended up with a surplus I put it in my beans in Chile.

But do not forget to skim the fat off.

For a quick no meat dish, do rice and broth, with salt and pepper.

Make enough for your family. This can make a soup or regular rice for side dish, depending on how much broth is left with rice.

You can also freeze the broth in ice cube trays(standard trays hold 2T per cube cup).After they freeze just store them in a zipper bag.

I freeze chicken broth in ice3 cube trays. Janette

Thanks! Babbie,....I needed to know this info too...smile!

MAKE DUMPLINGS!! QUICKIE RECIPE? BRING BROTH TO A BOIL, CUT FLOUR TORTILLAS INTO SQUARES OR STRIPS, ADD TO BROTH AND COOK ABOUT TEN MINUTES,IF YOU LIKE, STIR IN HALF JAR CHEEZ WHIZ.ADD A LITTLE CORNSTARCH,WHISK AS IT COMES TO BOIL,VOILA,A LITE SAUCE FOR OPEN FACED SANDWICH,STEAMED VEGGIES,RICE OR PASTA.ADD A LITTLE POUTRY SEASON,SAUTE SOME CELERY AND ONIONS IN MARGARINE,MIX TOGETHER, ADD TO TOASTED BREAD CUBES OR LEFT OVER CORNBREAD. GREAT SIDE DISH.

It freezes wonderfully. Use in for soups, stews, gravies, to cook noodles or steam veggies in, with powdered milk in mashed potatoes, in white sauces, or in just about anything you'd use water/milk in when cooking.

Chicken broth makes wonderful egg drop soup, you can also use it to cook pearled barley-yummy!

I have made chicken stock before, and put it into the fridge. This allows the fat to rise to the top which I scoop off. I then reheat it later on, and use it to make a wonderful risotto (the best risottos are made with hot stock, not cold).

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJuly 23, 2007
A bowl of fresh vegetable soup.
Making Vegetable Broth
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Tetrazzini Recipes, Chicken Tetrazzini
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄