Deviled Eggs for Halloween

I am looking for Halloween themed deviled egg ideas.

By jan48 from Tampa, FL

Try a slice of pimento stuffed olive in the center to look like a green and red iris, or maybe a pickle slice with a pimento center and thin strips of pimento running from the center out for blood-shot eyes. Use dill pieces inserted in the sides of the egg half with black olive slices(2) for black eyed spiders. Try dying the eggs when peeled and still whole with food coloring to turn the whites colored before making the deviled eggs.

Boil eggs. Place hard boiled eggs in ice cold water until cooled. Tint a bowl of hot water with red food coloring. Gently crack eggs, don't peel, and place in red water for 30 minutes. Then peel. They will look like they veins. I used green stuffed olives for the pupils. I think this recipe is from the family fun website. Good luck!

I am doing blood shot eyes when I boil the eggs. I pour off the hot water then roll the eggs against the pot kind of hard to crack them at odd places then I add red food coloring to the water but I use warm water and let them set for about 30 minutes then I but them in into clean cold water for easier peeling and I use the little sweet pickles sliced real thin on some and olives on others. I take roasted red peppers and slice them super thin to lay across the yolk mix up to the pupil part for that really blood shot effect. Debbie

Photo of skull deviled eggs.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Halloween AppetizersOctober 27, 2009
Deviled Eggs Closeup
Deviled Eggs Tips
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Gourmet deviled eggs, with a chive garnish.
Deviled Eggs Recipes
Deviled Chicken
Deviled Chicken Recipes