Repairing a Volterra Sofa Bed Frame

I have a very expensive Slumberland Volterra sofa bed that is under two years old and the support beam at the head end of the bed frame has bent. It is aluminum I believe. I have contacted the company I purchased the bed from have been told its out of warranty.

Slumberland has also been taken over by another company. That company no longer makes the Volterra sofa bed because the frame, which used to be purchased from Italy, are too expensive. Can you let me know where I could go to have the frame repaired. This was such an expensive item to be replaced. Many thanks.

By Debbie

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The only idea I can come up with which I would check out if it were me is to inquire over the phone to a body shop (car repair) and see if they could somehow get it back into shape. Also, try a welder shop as they might have a way/means to make it serviceable and either might do the work as a side job and if a computer is available, you could send them a picture of the bent frame before taking it to the shop. I don't think you can weld aluminum, but as I stated earlier, they might have some tool that could shape the frame back into place. You may need to ask a few of these businesses before getting someone who doesn't mind putting in some time to repair something not in their line of work.

Also, if you feel like you have a bit of know how with a hammer, you might place the bent frame on top of something very solid and pound the dent back down as much as you can. My husband has straightened out things that way and it was as good as new.

We have a machine shop that does small jobs. If you take the part to a shop, they could make a new part, possibly out of better material where it would not bend.

Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasNovember 12, 2010
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:48:00 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.