SewingCrafts

McCall's Pattern #8719 (3-Hour Separate)

I am looking for a McCall's pattern #8719. The pattern offer came from a Woman's Day 2/18/97 issue. I have searched online to no avail. Any ideas of where to find it? It doesn't matter what size because I feel sure I can adjust it. This was called a 'Three-hour Separate' pattern. I long for the days of simple dress patterns and have given up ever hoping to find a style that suits me in a store or catalog. Can anyone help?

Mrs. Vicki Mason from Concordia, MO

Hi! Have you tried looking up "Vintage Patterns"? I know there are a lot of sites out there that carry such things. eBay and etsy are two other places you might try! Good luck!

try ebay :)

I've tried ebay and searching the web...Vicki

What kind of a dress was it? Surely there is something out there that would be suitable if you don't find this pattern? Sleeves/sleeveless? Darts/no darts? Fasteners? Length? Shape?

I bet if you let us know what kind of dress, we could help you find a pattern that is available that would work for you.

Please go to eBay and search for item number 230129119289 - tell us whether that's the right one! Good luck!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You have all been so helpful. I checked out the number on Ebay and sure enough it was just what I wanted and I bought it! Thanks again to all of you for your help. It's so wonderful to get help from those who "know what they're doing!"

There is one on eBay right now!

Go to McCall's website,they have discontinued patterns. Also try www.Burdastyle.com,they have online printable simple patterns of all kinds. Also try typing in search bar "patterns from the past" you should find something on there. Good luck!

I'm so glad you found your pattern!... But, for those of you who are interested in getting MANY outfits & many different separates from ONE easy & quick pattern, (with the high price of patterns these days!) here's several patterns you guys out there in "sewing-cyberspace" may like:

TRY THESE QUICK & EASY PATTERNS:

SIMPLICITY 3630 ("It's so easy" brand sold at Walmart for under $4)

Misses Top, Pants, Jacket and Dress or Jumper... (& the jumper can be cut short & opened down the front to make a cute long "tunic vest"... a great sliming aide, especially when sewn in a dark color like black! ... a "Frog" can be added as a closure)

LOOKING FOR AN OUT-OF-PRINT PATTERN?

Simplicity Out-of-Print Patterns:

http://www.simp … m&category=0

McCalls Out-of-Print Patterns:

http://www.mcca … _of_print/page-1

And this PATTERN WITH MANY OPTIONS:

SIMPLICITY 3968

This pattern is supposed to make a Misses Robe, Nightgown and Pajamas, but the pattern also works up great as a long or short simple jacket (with darts) & a blouse, top & slacks (or sweats)... All in ONE easy pattern! (leave the sleeves off the top or jacket to make a tunic vest) I like the longer coat, as it's very slimming. I made mine (long jacket & pants) in Navy with pinstripes w/a reversible navy lining.

I'm looking for this pant pattern in size 12.