Garden: Camellia

Years ago when trying to locate a place to transplant a camellia languishing in too much sun, I began what has become a camellia garden on the north side of the house. This is a photo taken in April of one of my favorite varieties. It was an inexpensive plant from the Home Depot.

The garden has probably 5-6 shrubs that have all grown tall enough to see over the fence from the walkway. I look forward to spring for the lovely flower show out the great room window.

By Barbara

Beautiful! :)

Very nice, as are the cat pictures of Karma and Numi. Tried to thumb them up, but thrifty fun encountered an error. It's better in words any way!

That is a beautiful camellia! I have a big one on the south side of my house. It blooms fushia and white. Thank you for sharing your picture.

Hugs, Paula

My great Granddaughter would love this color. Do you happen to know the name? Would like to get one for her. GG Vi

February 15, 2012 Flag

This is a photo of a camelia bush I bought in memory of our 25th wedding anniversary (this year it will be 40). Anyway, it had an constant problem with camellia tea scale for years. I hate spraying for pests so one day I went and stood in front of it and said "I am going to strip every leaf off of you and if you survive, then so be it, but I am never spraying you again!"

Well, I did this and it not only survived, it thrived as you can see! Hope you enjoy the photo and the story!

By Anne from Bailey NC

A white camellia planted to celebrate a 25th wedding anniversary.

Growing Camellias
Growing Camellias
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJune 7, 2011
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Camellia Bush
Camellia Bush Losing Buds
🎉
🎄